Need to upgrade my headphone monitor mix! Please help.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Need to upgrade my headphone monitor mix! Please help.

Post by manwilde »

That sounds very nice!. Specially love the way the kick drum sounds and sits in the mix. Not so sure about the harder snare hits, though... maybe when all the tracks are laid down it wont stick out so much, but now it feels a bit too loud and strong. But that´s just me...

Very glad you found a way to deal with the cue mix issue. :thumbup:
manwilde
Regular

Post by Martin Walker »

Kwackman wrote:
DC-Choppah wrote:But here is a taste of my latest tune. I want this one to be on grid.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15wXJcL ... sp=sharing

I like that guitar tone (& playing) :clap:

Same here - and having followed the subsequent link I now remember your labour of love creating the instrument.

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20599 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by forumuser840717 »

DC-Choppah wrote:My drummer has agreed to use the drummer's earplug in his right hear when recording and in both ears when playing live!

Sensible!

When I play I usually use a pair of decent quality IEMs. Partly so I can have a reasonable monitor mix but more so because of the amount of isolation they give. They block out most of what's going on around me (including my playing!) - which I find particularly important in a theatre pit situation - and let me listen fairly quietly to my monitor mix. The same works on stage for rock and pop type stuff but if I were playing big band or acoustic jazz, I probably wouldn't be using a click and would want to listen to the room sound so would either wear no monitors or go for some fitted earplugs which use little plug in filters for different attenuations and don't colour things so much that it makes it difficult to listen.
forumuser840717
Regular

Post by DC-Choppah »

Martin Walker wrote:
Kwackman wrote:
DC-Choppah wrote:But here is a taste of my latest tune. I want this one to be on grid.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15wXJcL ... sp=sharing

I like that guitar tone (& playing) :clap:

Same here - and having followed the subsequent link I now remember your labour of love creating the instrument.

Martin

Could not have done it without all the help I got from the SoS Forum folks!
DC-Choppah
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2010 Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:00 am Location: MD, USA

Post by Martin Walker »

Group hug everyone? :D
Martin Walker
Posts: 20599 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK