Second set of monitors?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Second set of monitors?

Post by Arpangel »

Problem over, my friend has taken the Geny's back, I’m either getting another pair of Berry's, which seems like the logical thing to do, to keep the sound consistent, or second choice, a pair of M-Audio BX8's, but because I’m a cheapskate, probably the Berry's.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Stickman0_3 »

I may be a little bit late. In my setup in my flat, I also have two sets of speakers, they are a pair of Yamaha NS10m's and a pair of Spirit Absolute 2's.
Stickman0_3
Regular
Posts: 251 Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:38 pm Location: Birmingham

Post by ef37a »

Arpangel wrote:Problem over, my friend has taken the Geny's back, I’m either getting another pair of Berry's, which seems like the logical thing to do, to keep the sound consistent, or second choice, a pair of M-Audio BX8's, but because I’m a cheapskate, probably the Berry's.

"Consistent"? It will be interesting to see how similar the new Behringers are to the originals. How long have you had them Tone'? Two factors are involved.

1, How well do B's keep sound consistent over time? This is notoriously difficult to achieve even for top flight speaker makers.
2, This might shed light on the 'Burning in' debate? Yours are surely AS 'burned' as they are going to get. I will bet the new ones EITHER sound about the same as the incumbents...OR they are brighter and brasher but never get any different!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16447 Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am Location: northampton uk

Post by Arpangel »

ef37a wrote:
Arpangel wrote:Problem over, my friend has taken the Geny's back, I’m either getting another pair of Berry's, which seems like the logical thing to do, to keep the sound consistent, or second choice, a pair of M-Audio BX8's, but because I’m a cheapskate, probably the Berry's.

"Consistent"? It will be interesting to see how similar the new Behringers are to the originals. How long have you had them Tone'? Two factors are involved.

1, How well do B's keep sound consistent over time? This is notoriously difficult to achieve even for top flight speaker makers.
2, This might shed light on the 'Burning in' debate? Yours are surely AS 'burned' as they are going to get. I will bet the new ones EITHER sound about the same as the incumbents...OR they are brighter and brasher but never get any different!

Dave.

Dave, I’ve had the Berry's for about seven years, they are the B3031's, 8 inch, ribbon tweeter.
It doesn’t matter anyway, and it's the reason why I never get to buy "anything" these days post Brexit, is that there’s no stock, anywhere, same for a lot of other monitors too, it’s doing my head in, totally.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Arpangel »

Great, found a pair of Berry's for next day delivery’, problem solved.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster