Tempo Change Issue

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Tempo Change Issue

Post by forumuser773232 »

I seem to have an issue with my Cubase A1. I want to change the tempo of a single audio event, a drum loop I have imported. The drum loop is currently at 120 BPM. I need to change it to 90 BPM to match the project's tempo of 120 BPM.

I have gone to my Media - Open Pool Window - and in Tempo and Musical Mode I have typed in 90 BPM for the drum loop changing it from the 120 BPM. I have saved it and then listened back, but the drum loops seems to have remained at 120 BPM when I play the project's click track at 90 BPM. What am I doing wrong? Please advise.
forumuser773232
Poster

Re: Tempo Change Issue

Post by BJG145 »

I don't use Cubase and I'm not sure if these same features are available in your version, but this point in this video suggests that if you click certain options in the media bay then loops will be automatically adjusted to the right tempo when you drag them into the project. If you play the video from the beginning, there's an alternative ("old school") explanation of timestretching.

But I expect The Elf or someone may offer a more concise explanation...
Last edited by BJG145 on Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BJG145
Longtime Poster

Post by The Elf »

I never use loops, so not something I can help with. Anyone?
The Elf
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 20015 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by RichardT »

Sorry, I don’t use audio loops either! Maybe you should try the Steinberg forums.
RichardT
Frequent Poster
Posts: 4153 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland