How can I separate this background horn music from the audio?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

How can I separate this background horn music from the audio?

Post by Down102 »

How can I separate this horn background music from this audio. Sorry if any of you are having a hard time listening to the horn in the background. The reason why it's hard to hear is because I edited the original audio.

You can still hear the background horn in the audio but it is very low because I edited the original audio so much. The horn music is most likely made by a synthesizer. It's pretty much the only music in the audio. The other sound that's mixed with it is basically the sound of a wooden floor cracking.

Now what I truly want is for me to separate the wooden floor cracking sound from the horn music. How can I do that? Are there any softwares that can help me with this? I tried using Spleeter but it still didn't do it. I tried using Noise Reduction, Vocal Reduction, and Vocal Isolation in Audacity but it only made the audio low quality and low volume.

How can I fix this?

By the way, the audio is in the link below.

https://m.soundcloud.com/heehahahaa/mysterious-sound
Down102

Re: How can I separate this background horn music from the audio?

Post by Fishnish »

If I were faced with this task I'd probably start by reaching for Izotope RX's Spectral Repair, but I wouldn't be too confident of getting a perfect result. Izotope RX itself is pretty powerful but my own spectral editing skills are only fairly basic, it's still quite detailed + time consuming work for me. Removing short sounds like squeaks, bumps, the occassional fluffed note, traffic and wind noise is pretty easy but long sections can require a fair bit of work.

Recently I've been wondering about Spectralayers too. Mainly because I'm a Cubase user and a slimmed down light version of it is included in the latest version of Cubase. Not sure how the full Spectralayers compares to the Izotope I already have though, and whether it would sit nicer with Cubase than RX does.
Fishnish
Regular

Re: How can I separate this background horn music from the audio?

Post by James Perrett »

Let us hear the original audio - the sample you put up is too mangled to give any idea of the problem.
James Perrett
Posts: 14371 Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:00 am Location: The wilds of Hampshire
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page