Record the Yamaha 01V96i audio channel with internal FX in a DAW

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Record the Yamaha 01V96i audio channel with internal FX in a DAW

Post by Tommy34 »

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I also bought the Yamaha 01V96i mixer. As far as I can get along with the concept and the mixer. I have established a connection to the computer. The computer recognizes the mixer and I can also record audio tracks in Ableton.
A question that concerns me. How do I manage to record an audio track, for example on channel 1 with an internal effect in a DAW. I can only record the signal with no effects. Unfortunately, I can't get any further with the manual.

Many thanks!!
Tommy34

Re: Record the Yamaha 01V96i audio channel with internal FX in a DAW

Post by OneWorld »

It’s a long tinge I owned an 01v96 and it wasn’t the 01v96i version, but from what I can remember including effects in the signal path was sometimes a bit perplexing, and to get it right I think I found the solution patching. You might have effects applied, but might not have them patched the output, as you know, on these mixers, in common with many other digital mixers is that there is an incredible flexibility patching x to y, the user might want to monitor with effects but want a dry signal at the output, this might allow for example a dry signal sent to output channels 1+2 and the same signal sent to channels 3+4 but with effects applied. Also depending on the setup and which fader layer you have selected, the faders act as send level controllers
OneWorld
Frequent Poster