We have done something really strange!!

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

Moderator: Moderators

We have done something really strange!!

Post by 344 Audio »

WARNING: Do not open this link if you are easily shocked or have a heart condition.

https://fb.watch/69zt9yWnyp/

Find out more on: https://www.asoundeffect.com/sound-libr ... pump-organ
344 Audio
New here

Re: We have done something really strange!!

Post by resistorman »

This is pretty awful clickbait. I won’t be clicking on it.
resistorman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2679 Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 am Location: Asheville NC
"The Best" piece of gear is subjective.

Post by Kwackman »

resistorman wrote:This is pretty awful clickbait. I won’t be clicking on it.

I agree.
I probably am not the target audience, but that sort of marketing is like a big red alarm.
Kwackman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3206 Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:00 am Location: Belfast
Cubase, guitars.

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Agreed, even though the actual product appears to be something that might be of interest judging by the second URL.
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24449 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Wonks »

It's for a Victorian pump organ Kontakt library.

First link is to a Facebook page with a sepia-toned video and a top-hatted bewhiskered gentleman who eventually dances quite badly.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17001 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

For those of a delicate nature:

VICTORIAN PUMP ORGAN
$72 incl. vat

Victorian Pump Organ is our new steampunk-inspired Kontakt library made in collaboration with Stuart Keenan from Glitchedtones. With 50 different patches including sound design, drum kits and foley, this instrument is perfect for musicians and sound designers to make everything from sea shanties, period style music from the 1800s and early 20th-century all the way to EDM tracks and horror/atmospheric scores.

Stuart Keenan from Glitchedtones faithfully captured a Victorian Pump Organ (built-in 1865, Canada) at a studio in Newcastle with 4 different microphones positioned for treble, bass and stereo room mic perspectives. Our Audio Craftsmen meticulously edited the samples and programmed 50 patches and integrated them into our Kontakt interface giving film composers, music producers, sound designers and game developers a vast array of options to create music and compositions in various genres.

There are 9 main patches including 3 melodic patches, 4 chord patches and 2 foley patches with the organ adjusted at different stops. We also recorded genuine major, minor and complex chords helping people with less knowledge in music theory to write songs and chord progressions. We also covered foley patches with keys, squeaks and pedal sounds to add an essence of natural character.

Our in house composers built additional designed patches which include; Harp like arpeggiators, ethnic instruments such as the harmonium all the way to electro leads, game boy organs and dubstep inspired basslines. We even manipulated samples and built patches for metal and rock music.

We have included patches for a variety of circumstances like abandoned church organs, space generators and creaky room voices. We have also included low subsonic impacts and rumbles to add weight to your sounds and music. Some of the patches like glorious arp, telephone arp, tweeting birds, drunken organ, sea shanty organ, harmonica and cathedral hits are ideal for adding texture and interest.

Our user-friendly Kontakt interface provides a variety of controls that encourage experimentation within the patches. We have included a mic mixing section with ADSR where you can adjust the levels for treble, bass and stereo (multiple mics) if you need to add more width to the mix. The built-in Arpeggiator and Step Sequencer are great for generating hundreds of variations in seconds.

We hope that you will take the opportunity to try out this fascinating and timeless instrument.

Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher is required.

NOTE: This library does not run in the free ‘Kontakt Player.

Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38835 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by The Elf »

Clickbait advertising = no sale. I won't be back to this thread.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19938 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Kwackman »

So, it's basically a "bump" of this thread...
https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/view ... 72#p765472
Kwackman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3206 Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:00 am Location: Belfast
Cubase, guitars.

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Yes... but with an 'humorous' new video, of which they are clearly very proud! :D
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38835 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by wdsteele »

We used to have one of those in our spare room , great fun to play and as kids we drove our folks mad with our doodling , can’t imagine a software version would allow anywhere close to the actual fun we experienced ; but full credit for getting it out there nonetheless.

Don’t recall the drum kits being up to much !

(PS : not so old we were Victorian era kids , I think we got in part payment for something or other circa 1980 )
wdsteele
Regular

Post by Albatross »

Heh ... pump organ ... there's a plug-in for that too now :shocked:
Albatross
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2400 Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:00 am Location: Airstrip 1, Eurasia

Post by OneWorld »

resistorman wrote:This is pretty awful clickbait. I won’t be clicking on it.

Me neither, as soon as I see FaceBook, the website of the cloven hooved one I run for the hills! I align with Roger Water's take on the thing
OneWorld
Jedi Poster