Recording school worth

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Moderator: Moderators

Recording school worth

Post by Adam Artman »

Hello to my all friends.I'm happy to see you again.
my question is:
has worth going 10000 kilometers from my country to United State record/production schools for becoming success in music Industry?
in other hand my question is:
How much I have chances to work with celebrities in music industry when I travel to USA or CANADA AS Music Producer?
Thanks A lot
Adam Artman
Regular
Posts: 170 Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:54 pm Location: Iran
Silent when music is playing...It's Holy

Re: Recording school worth

Post by RichardT »

Adam Artman wrote:Hello to my all friends.I'm happy to see you again.
my question is:
has worth going 10000 kilometers from my country to United State record/production schools for becoming success in music Industry?
in other hand my question is:
How much I have chances to work with celebrities in music industry when I travel to USA or CANADA AS Music Producer?
Thanks A lot

Hi Adam,

I would say no to your first question. There is so much material available on-line, including interactive courses, that you should be able to study from home. Also some great books, including those by Mike Senior.

Going to the USA will give you no chance of working with celebrities. The only way to do that is to establish a great reputation for yourself by producing great work.
RichardT
Frequent Poster
Posts: 4173 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by Drew Stephenson »

There's 300 million people in the US already, you will be just one more there. Start local and build your skills and reputation in your own community. As well as the online opportunities, look for the people in your area who also provide this kind of 1:1 tuition. If you were in the UK I'd be recommending people like The Elf or Zukan, but there will be experts who are also good teachers where you are. Hunt them out.
And get involved in your local scene.

That's my 10c. ;)
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24574 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Adam Artman »

Thanks alot my friend for you helps.
you know,in fact I told before that my country and local is limited for working on music specially English language.
there is no singers here sing English or write lyric English.there are no professional music teachers.
do you think can I reach to my dream online?working online to others in England or USA or Canada.
Adam Artman
Regular

Post by Adam Artman »

what do you think about online Collaboration with other artists on Kompoz website?
can it help me to become famous producer?
Adam Artman
Regular

Post by RichardT »

Adam Artman wrote:what do you think about online Collaboration with other artists on Kompoz website?

I don’t know anything about Kompoz unfortunately.

Collaboration is a great way of learning things for sure. But you need to have a good level of skill in order to contribute. Depending on where you are, you might be ready for that.

If not, you’re better taking courses on-line, or studying books such as the ones by Mike Senior, or taking one to one lessons with true experts

The only way to become a famous producer is a) endless practice producing tracks b) study c) building contacts and d) having some lucky breaks
Last edited by RichardT on Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardT
Frequent Poster
Posts: 4173 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by Adam Artman »

RichardT wrote:
Adam Artman wrote:what do you think about online Collaboration with other artists on Kompoz website?

I don’t know anything about Kompoz unfortunately.

Collaboration is a great way of learning things for sure. But you need to have a good level of skill in order to contribute. Depending on where you are, you might be ready for that.

If not, you’re better taking courses on-line, or studying books such as the ones by Mike Senior, or taking one to one lessons with true experts

The only way to become a famous producer is a) endless practice producing tracks b) study c) building contacts and d) having some lucky breaks

thank o million my dear friend.I will focus on them.
Adam Artman
Regular

Post by Arpangel »

In what country are you? what's your background? interests? music? engineering?
I think you may be putting the cart before the horse, travelling thousands of miles, might be a big mistake, the answer may be right under your nose.
There is music in every culture, and great people can emerge from the most troublesome places, you just have the right motivation, and determination, and you don’t need me or anyone else to tell you that, I’m sure.
Last edited by Arpangel on Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Adam Artman »

Arpangel wrote:In what country are you? what's your background? interests? music? engineering?
I think you may be putting the cart before the horse, travelling thousands of miles, might be a big mistake, the answer may be right under your nose.
There is music in every culture, and great people can emerge from the most troublesome places, you just have the right motivation, and determination, and you don’t need me or anyone else to tell you that, I’m sure.

Hello my dude.how are you?
actually I'm from IRAN.you know problem here is no one sing in English language.I don't.know it's bad or not but melodies or Ideas that come to my mind are for English language.
my favorite Genres are Pop,classical,Hip hop,R&b and country.
you know my question is if i wanna try and more practice days and nights to become famous producer and work with stars,why shouldn't be in USA? cause there I'm in ocean of thing i want.don't you think like me?
imagine,I work in music industry for years in my country,ok.how can i work with world stars when I'm not in newyork city studio or LA studio?
Adam Artman
Regular

Post by Arpangel »

Adam Artman wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:20 pm
Arpangel wrote:In what country are you? what's your background? interests? music? engineering?

Hello my dude.how are you?
actually I'm from IRAN.you know problem here is no one sing in English language.I don't.know it's bad or not but melodies or Ideas that come to my mind are for English language.
my favorite Genres are Pop,classical,Hip hop,R&b and country.
you know my question is if i wanna try and more practice days and nights to become famous producer and work with stars,why shouldn't be in USA? cause there I'm in ocean of thing i want.don't you think like me?
imagine,I work in music industry for years in my country,ok.how can i work with world stars when I'm not in newyork city studio or LA studio?

I understand what you mean, I had to move to London for similar reasons, whether we like it or not, certain big cities in certain country’s are still the centre of things, regarding the arts if all kinds.
All I can say is that it depends on your resources, money, as to how mobile you can be, plus, at the moment the world isn’t as free as it could be, because of covid.
There is a lot of of very interesting music happening in your country, I’ve heard some of it, some interesting cross-overs, some aspects of it make Western music sound very inferior, wooden, it’s a strange world, I’d love to come and play and meet musicians in your country.
Recording school? I don’t think they would help you regarding opportunities, getting into the business, you’re better off getting involved in a band, making contacts, networking, it’ll do you more good, ultimately.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster