Timing issues when exporting tracks and busses in Logic Pro.

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Timing issues when exporting tracks and busses in Logic Pro.

Post by ManFromGlass »

That is a good practice but when the deadline clock is ticking I usually don’t bounce any synths or other plugs including FX to audio tracks. I’ve been doing a one pass “bounce” of up to 8 stems at once for many years. I also work in the box and use UAD plugs.
Years ago I remember having timing issues doing the proper bounce not in realtime.
What I mean by “bounce” (in quotations) is that I’ve got Logic set up to record up to 8 stems in one pass using AutoPunch.

I haven’t tested timing in awhile and I would say my projects never come close to the number of tracks Beardy uses. But I’ve never had any comments from show mixers I’ve worked with.

I recall there was a YouTube done by a German fellow on a drumbeat showing how different settings of Logic’s compressors cause latency. This was years ago so I don’t know how relevant it would be to todays version of Logic.
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6645 Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 am Location: O Canada

Re: Timing issues when exporting tracks and busses in Logic Pro.

Post by Beardy »

Hey folks fingers crossed the latest 10.6.3 release might address this situation...

Fingers crossed!

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
Beardy
Poster
Posts: 30 Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:00 am Location: Sydney
Beardy.