How to turn the stereo master into mono temporarily in Cubase 5??

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

How to turn the stereo master into mono temporarily in Cubase 5??

Post by Wim E »

In Cubase 5, I want to sometimes listen to my STEREO mix in summed MONO combined, amongst other things to check phasing issues on mono players. I expected a simple method, like a simple swith to turn this stereo channel into mono or a insert plugin, but haven't found it yet. The only way I found a way around it is to create an extra master channel, now in mono, and route all the group, and where necessary, individual, channels to the mono master channel temporarily. But I'm sure there is an easier way out!! Who can help me in this???? How do I turn a stereo channel into a summed mono channel temporarily??
Wim
Wim E

Re: How to turn the stereo master into mono temporarily in Cubase 5??

Post by Mixedup »

Sounds like you need to explore the features of the Control Room section that was added in Cubase 4. Or mix via a group channel as your master buss, and send from there to another mono bus. Or right click on the stereo panner so that you have control over left and right, and route them both to centre. Or use a mono-summing plug-in.
Mixedup
Frequent Poster
Posts: 4548 Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:00 am Location: Cambridgeshire, UK

Post by Aliweasel »

Monomaker is a good mono... er... making plugin. You can adjust the amount of mono-ism you're applying or switch it from bypassed to engaged to get a simple mono switch.

It's downloadable here.
Aliweasel
Regular

Post by tex »

Set up a mono master channel in the VST Connections.
tex
Regular
Success is round the corner. It's also round the bend.