New guitar brand

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

New guitar brand

Post by tweedle do »

Hi all,

Here's a thing, after 35 yrs plus of guitaring in general, my local Cash Converters has a brand of guitar that I've never heard of for sale. After a bit of internetting it appears to be a quality brand a la early Squier, Greco (if memory serves...) but I've never heard of them until yesterday.

I don't need another guitar, but you know how it it goes....

So, it's a Bacchus Classic Les Paul, my gambolling through internet land made me aware that it's higher end Japanese make, and browsing some forums the usual posts of 'yeah, man. Got one of those, great guitars/swapped the pick ups though' etc. etc.

But has anyone here had any experience of these though? I know it's a subjective experience, YMMV etc. but I would like to hear peoples opinions (if any). Like I said I don't need another guitar, but it is a lovely looking thing...

Cheers, happy friday (for all those not working the weekend!)
tweedle do
Poster

Re: New guitar brand

Post by Wonks »

I haven’t had a thorough look at their website,

https://bacchus-guitar.com/

but I had a look at their Universe series LP types, and the Made In China sticker on the back of the headstock told me that at least some of their guitars aren't made in Japan.

Japanese labour costs are now comparable to US costs, so you aren’t going to get a cheap Japanese guitar.

So best to view them like Tokai, with a range of guitars at different price points, some from China, some from Korea and some from Japan. All decent guitars at their price points, but the Japanese ones are definitely superior to the non-Japanese guitars.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17003 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by tweedle do »

Thanks Wonks, I’m a bit tempted, they’re asking £799....

Must remember.

Don’t. Need. Another. Guitar....
tweedle do
Poster

Post by zenguitar »

tweedle do wrote: Don’t. Need. Another. Guitar....

Since when did that ever make a difference?

There's no such thing as 'too many guitars'.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
Posts: 12507 Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:00 am Location: Devon
Is it about a bicycle?

Post by Wonks »

But unfortunately you can lack the space to store another one. 34 is my limit here and I’ve probably pushed that a bit too far with the wife.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Reliably fallible.

Post by Murray B »

Wonks wrote:But unfortunately you can lack the space to store another one. 34 is my limit here and I’ve probably pushed that a bit too far with the wife.

Much thanks for the above Wonks :-)

You've provided me with a wonderful comparator - 'see it's not as many as this fella has'.

Only.... on 13 and 3 Uke's at my house and the Uke's are so small - surely they don't count :bouncy:
Murray B
Regular
Posts: 390 Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:00 am Location: Staffordshire

Post by blues_n_cues93 »

A modest collection at 34 haha i can only dream! I just checked out the site, and they LOOK amazing. If it plays nice, and sounds great pick it up, and let us know. Price point is pretty incredible i'm really diggin the finishes on the WL4BM-ALD's .

Would love to know how they play so I can add it to my growing wishlist !
blues_n_cues93

Post by Wonks »

Murray B wrote:
Wonks wrote:But unfortunately you can lack the space to store another one. 34 is my limit here and I’ve probably pushed that a bit too far with the wife.

Much thanks for the above Wonks :-)

You've provided me with a wonderful comparator - 'see it's not as many as this fella has'.

Only.... on 13 and 3 Uke's at my house and the Uke's are so small - surely they don't count :bouncy:

I'm not counting ukes (1), mandolins (2) or dulcimers (1).
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Reliably fallible.

Post by kevineleven »

I have a Danelectro guitar, and I think its awesome. Other than that I like Fenders, they're just classic.
kevineleven
New here