The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Post by FrankF »

Arpangel wrote: I’ve got his monitors, and a compressor, am I beyond redemption?
:)

Not quite, but I do think that, for the good of your soul, you should give them back.
FrankF
Regular
Posts: 450 Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:00 am Location: La Vendée, France

Post by Arpangel »

FrankF wrote:
Arpangel wrote: I’ve got his monitors, and a compressor, am I beyond redemption?

Not quite, but I do think that, for the good of your soul, you should give them back.

That’s fine, but what are the best monitors for under three hundred quid.

:D:D:D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Arpangel wrote:
FrankF wrote:

Adam T5V.
Next!
;)
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24450 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Arpangel »

blinddrew wrote:
Arpangel wrote:
FrankF wrote:

Adam T5V.
Next!
;)

I’ve just checked those out, unbalanced input too? that could be useful.
I like my Behringers though, and what’s more they aren’t broken, if they were, or when they do, I’ll be in the market for something else. I can’t just get rid of them now, and this is the crunch, I may not like what I replace them with, I’ve got used to these, and I actually like them now.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by The Elf »

The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19938 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

As Mr F said recently... meh! ;)

Not my cup of tea... Now a DS80 would be far more likely to get me fizzing in my special place...
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38835 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote:Brains...
https://youtu.be/U59OzyB6lBM

This is getting crazy, it’s just a rip-off of Braids, but at least, that’s not made anymore!
What next?

:crazy:
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Terrible.dee »

Hugh Robjohns wrote:
Terrible.dee wrote:I do NOT support evil, so I wont be buying ANY of them.

You are not alone in this viewpoint, as a search through the entirety of this thread, and others on the site, will attest.

Of course, others take a different view, and they are entitled to form their own opinions.

And while your examples of questionable practices are well known, they aren't the complete story, or necessarily reflective of the current situation.

I think this is a complete representation of the situation we find ourselves in.

Uli's track record is in indisputable. Its gone on for DECADES.

There's no way someone who has racked up this many I.P theft lawsuits. Acted like a totalitarian dictator would...and has been called a "sociopath" across the board, by those who have worked with him is just a victim of "haterz"

The guy is who he is, and he makes no secret of it......I suppose I can at least respect that.

But he puts me in the position of having to decide who I AM.

Am I a slavering sycophant, who is ready to sell his soul for the a loose approximation of a vintage synth? Am I, at my core, nothing but a "Consumer" ready to jump at anything so long as it temporarily satiates my desire to "consume"

No.....I am not. Synths do not take priority over my God installed values.

I Chose to do what is clearly right. We have a God-Given sense of what that is. Through I-phones, tablets, and TV before that have done their best to mute our connection to that.

That's my decision.

Everyone else will have to decide what sort of person they want to be.
Terrible.dee
Regular

Post by Terrible.dee »

DGL. wrote:Plus we seem to forget that Dave Smith screwed over E-MU back in teh day but no-one seems to bring that up, and that the original prophet 5 was not really that much of a sequential instrument (the analogue side and keyboard scanning was E-MU's work) yet they are still living on that legacy with the new models.

But in other news they are currently teasing something called BRAINS, to be revealed on Tuesday (15th) .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w24_pBvgwh4

not quite sure what it could be, possibly an MPC clone?

Dave Smith's actions do NOT excuse Uli of his.

I have issues with Dave Smith as well.

When he promises to finish the Tempest OS, then when cumsomers are sick of waiting and start a petition to finish it. He goes on camera and calls his customers "Wingnuts" for wanting what he promised to give them.

I don't buy DSI synths since I saw that.

The arrogance of these companies need to be put in check.
Terrible.dee
Regular

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Good luck with that... :lol:

But you are right... there are nice companies and people to deal with, and not-so-nice companies and people.

Like you, I try and support the nice ones where I can and avoid the others where possible.

But it's a small industry and so it's not always practical to avoid all the 'bad guys'. Often there are either no valid alternatives or no valid alternatives within the available budget.

And few of these situations are ever pure black and white. There are always shades of grey...
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38835 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by N i g e l »

Moog & Arp "referenced" each others designs. They opted to come to an agreement rather than spend money on lawyers & court fees.

Arpangel wrote:
The Elf wrote:Brains...
https://youtu.be/U59OzyB6lBM

This is getting crazy, it’s just a rip-off of Braids, but at least, that’s not made anymore!
What next?

:crazy:

Im not upto speed on this but I think braids/plaits are open source and are also used in the Arturia Microfreak & can be used in the Korg Prologue ???
N i g e l
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3663 Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm Location: British Isles

Post by BJG145 »

N i g e l wrote:I'm not up to speed on this but I think braids/plaits are open source

...yes, likewise...so Braids is discontinued...but there's a replacement called Plaits...? But it's open-source and there are already various versions of it out there, so Behringer's isn't exactly original, but doesn't sound like a capital offence...?
BJG145
Jedi Poster