BomeBox, Blokas Midihub or Zynthian, or iPad. Which one for Deluge and Mpc Live

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

BomeBox, Blokas Midihub or Zynthian, or iPad. Which one for Deluge and Mpc Live

Post by mrrafs »

I have two midi problems, and was wondering if peeps here know this. (I refuse to use gearsluts) lol.

The Deluge my sequencer does not modulate midi velocity so I need a midi-through box to do that.

I also want to use the MPC DrumSynth, as a percussion layer... the problem here being that if running separate audio sends on the drum synth, you have to use individual channels for each drum part. So I need to map the midi from a single channel from the deluge to the MPC’s separate channels.

I have no studio, apart from a suitcase of gear, and a dinner table. I spend all day on a screen, so don’t want to use a laptop. So keeping it simple in-terms of cables and number of boxes is key.

BomeBox, Blokas Midihub or Zynthian, or an old iPad. (StreamByter/Mozaic) all appear to do what I need, all with different pros and cons. Anyone have experience with any of these in a DAW’less rig please?
mrrafs

Re: BomeBox, Blokas Midihub or Zynthian, or iPad. Which one for Deluge and Mpc Live

Post by dovgoldman »

I haven’t purchased it yet, but it appears that Blokas MidiHub will in fact do what you’re looking for.

It seems like an extremely flexible midi tool.

You might also want to take a quick look at Midi Solutions Event Processor Plus. It’s not as flexible, but does some similar things.
dovgoldman
New here

Re: BomeBox, Blokas Midihub or Zynthian, or iPad. Which one for Deluge and Mpc Live

Post by mrrafs »

Thanks. Got the midihub. Works well.
mrrafs

Post by Martin Walker »

Excellent!

Thanks for reporting back to let us know :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20634 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK