Trinity Pro X

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Trinity Pro X

Post by BJG145 »

Someone just asked me if I wanted a Trinity Pro X. I don't have a lot of space, so I was like, well, how much do you want for it? And they said, no, you can have it.

I suppose I can find a corner somewhere. :D
Last edited by BJG145 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BJG145
Longtime Poster

Re: Trinity Pro X

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Well, should it turn out that you can't... ;)
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24575 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Folderol »

Tough decision to make :tongue:
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18179 Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 am Location: The Mudway Towns, UK
Yes. I am that Linux nut {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Post by Dave B »

(Jealous)
Dave B
Longtime Poster
Posts: 5931 Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:00 am Location: Maidenhead
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Post by Eddy Deegan »

Seriously, that's a blindingly good result.

The Trinity has something about it that not even its rackmount version matched and is one of those relatively rare synths whose successor (the Triton), despite having an arpeggiator and some better specs on paper, wasn't as good in my opinion.

The Trinity is also a synth for which there is no proper emulation in software that I am aware of, which is a great shame in my book (please, Korg?!)

It's a real gem - treasure it. And if you don't get along with it, please give one of us first refusal on it before advertising it. My Trinity is one of my most valued synths!

Enjoy, and I too am a bit jealous ;)

Should you wish to, here is a thread I made a while ago about how to install a USB floppy drive emulator in it, as the old floppy drives can stop working.

It also has a built-in self-test and diagnostics mode. If you switch it on while holding down the ENTER + 5 buttons together then you will get a menu where you can generate test tones on all the outputs, test all the buttons on the control surface and more besides.

I used my Trinity for a One Synth Challenge submission by the way, all recorded using the onboard sequencer only.

The Trinity also makes a excellent controller keyboard for other synths. In "Song" mode each track can be set to control the internal tone generator, an external MIDI channel or both.

A proper epic piece of gear, superb effects routing capabilities, well ahead of its time and as good today as it ever was :thumbup:
Last edited by Eddy Deegan on Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:32 am, edited 11 times in total.
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8822 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by Arpangel »

Korg Triton, my fave keyboard, Trinity, doesn’t matter, both are amazing, even by today’s standards.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Ben Asaro »

Wow, what a powerhouse! I remember seeing Dream Theater w Derek Sherinian, he used the Trinity Pro X, I believe.
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2364 Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am Location: NYC

Post by Dave B »

I thought he just used a pair of regular Trinity units. (and an organ and a piano in a front-back configuration)

Personally, I tend to try and forget the awful DS era of DT....

"Hey boys - we're the most respected prog metal band around - I've got a great idea : let's go glam rock!"
Dave B
Longtime Poster
Posts: 5931 Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:00 am Location: Maidenhead
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)