Subharmonicon, or Buchla Easel.

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Subharmonicon, or Buchla Easel.

Post by RichardT »

redlester wrote:
Arpangel wrote:
Hugh Robjohns wrote:Just buy the bloomin Buchla. You've been going on about it for years. :protest:

Hugh, even if I wanted to buy one, see my secondary monitors thread, as usual, can’t get one or locate one here in Europe, can’t seem to get anything in fact, don’t know what’s happening to the supply chains.

Dan LB wrote:+1 for the Easel. Now you have to get it. :mrgreen:

Damn, I think so too, if I can find one.

:-|

Signal Sounds in Glasgow have them. Add to basket!
https://www.signalsounds.com/buchla-mus ... ular-synth

That’s not it!
RichardT
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4075 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by Guest »

Do they actually produce the keyboard one anymore?

Post by BJG145 »

[ACCOUNT DELETED] wrote:Do they actually produce the keyboard one anymore?

It seems they were discontinued, but they've announced a new one. (4.14 in the video.)

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=455711572128601

Buchla wrote:More exciting news...this spring of 2021 we'll be releasing the new full-size Music Easel including the 208C, an updated 218E keyboard, a new briefcase enclosure, with a target price of $3999

BJG145
Jedi Poster

Post by Dan LB »

The Elf wrote:I'm a great believer in getting what you truly want (all considerations of cost and practicality aside - we all have our limits, of course), rather than compromising. At the point where you have that magical talisman that's going to transform your life... the 'what ifs' are finally put to bed and it's all about *your* abilities - no more excuses.

^This for sure!
Dan LB
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1668 Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:00 am Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Post by Arpangel »

BJG145 wrote:
[ACCOUNT DELETED] wrote:Do they actually produce the keyboard one anymore?

It seems they were discontinued, but they've announced a new one. (4.14 in the video.)

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=455711572128601

Buchla wrote:More exciting news...this spring of 2021 we'll be releasing the new full-size Music Easel including the 208C, an updated 218E keyboard, a new briefcase enclosure, with a target price of $3999

Interesting, also cheap-er, I’m waiting for the drawbacks.
So now I’ve got to wait until this thing appears, whenever that will be.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Might drive down second-hand prices a bit if there's a new model available though.
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24450 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Arpangel »

blinddrew wrote:Might drive down second-hand prices a bit if there's a new model available though.

Probably not, there’s a whole bunch of people that think certain models sounded best, normally the older ones, even though it may not be true, you know what it’s like with this stuff, my Easel sounded just fine, can’t imagine it any better, and that was a new one.
I’d get that Command module, but it hasn’t got a case with a built in keyboard, my main reason for buying it.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by BJG145 »

I wonder if they'll do a new Easel-K. Secondhand prices for Thunders are astronomical. I was surprised to see Buchla offering the Sensel Morph overlay as a bundle on their website. I mean, it's fun, but, not really the same. I guess it makes sense though.
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Post by Arpangel »

BJG145 wrote:I wonder if they'll do a new Easel-K. Secondhand prices for Thunders are astronomical. I was surprised to see Buchla offering the Sensel Morph overlay as a bundle on their website. I mean, it's fun, but, not really the same. I guess it makes sense though.

I was torn between an Easle K and the normal keyboard, doesn’t that K look like something from Area 51?
Trouble is the 223e is so powerful, with lots of control options, you really need a bigger system to make the most of it.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by RichardT »

Arpangel wrote:
BJG145 wrote:I wonder if they'll do a new Easel-K. Secondhand prices for Thunders are astronomical. I was surprised to see Buchla offering the Sensel Morph overlay as a bundle on their website. I mean, it's fun, but, not really the same. I guess it makes sense though.

I was torn between an Easle K and the normal keyboard, doesn’t that K look like something from Area 51?
Trouble is the 223e is so powerful, with lots of control options, you really need a bigger system to make the most of it.

It’s the tyranny of choice, again!
RichardT
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4075 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by Arpangel »

RichardT wrote:
Arpangel wrote:

It’s the tyranny of choice, again!

It’s no choice, once things go over five grand I have to sit down with a large Brandy, and get real. Trouble is, there’s no substitute for an Easel, you can put a Buchla system together that is rack case based, and cut corners financially, Samomodular make great cases, and you can get secondhand modules, but it’s the suitcase style of the Easel I need.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Arpangel »

Don Buchla would have loved this, true spirit, and this man deserves to enter the gates of Paradise immediately.

:angel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzvnCM3Z4SQ
Arpangel
Jedi Poster