We don’t really have salaries in our dimension.

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: We don’t really have salaries in our dimension.

Post by Arpangel »

Let’s face it, if no more music was ever made by anyone, it wouldn’t be the end of the world.
I’m still making amazing discoveries in classical music, I haven’t even scraped the surface of the last five hundred years, it would take me ten lifetimes to make a vague impression.
I’ve got about three albums worth of material in the computer of my own music that needs mixing and mastering, can I be bothered? no.
I’m pissing about with gear, getting new things, but I’m not really into making any more music, it just sort of happens, I’m far too busy listening to opera, that my partner is educating me in, I’ve got a new record deck and I’m rediscovering all if my old classical record’s I bought when I was a child, plus there’s loads of Jazz I need to checkout, it’s ridiculous, there’s enough to keep me going till the day I die, about two weeks worth :D:D:D
Beethoven’s 5th came on the radio last night, WTF? and I’m listening to Webern right now, I’m in heaven, the envelope doesn’t need pushing, it’s large enough as it is, thank you very much.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by N i g e l »

Arpangel wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:56 am Yes, now we have this great big pallet, but none of it is mysterious anymore, it’s all there in front of us all, and it’s too easy to access, no effort involved, which tends to devalue it, like most of the technical things we can do these days "you did that on a computer yeah? anyone can do that, can’t they?"
People say that to me all the time, and TBQH, I really don’t know what to say.

When that happens I tend to analogize to a word processor. Everybodys got one but not evrybodys written a best seller

"you did that on a computer yeah? anyone can do that"
yep, even a struggling single mum, in a bedsit with a laptop, can knock out half a dozen best selling boy wizard books.
N i g e l
Frequent Poster
Posts: 3688 Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm Location: British Isles

Post by Arpangel »

N i g e l wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:52 pm
Arpangel wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:56 am Yes, now we have this great big pallet, but none of it is mysterious anymore, it’s all there in front of us all, and it’s too easy to access, no effort involved, which tends to devalue it, like most of the technical things we can do these days "you did that on a computer yeah? anyone can do that, can’t they?"
People say that to me all the time, and TBQH, I really don’t know what to say.

When that happens I tend to analogize to a word processor. Everybodys got one but not evrybodys written a best seller

"you did that on a computer yeah? anyone can do that"
yep, even a struggling single mum, in a bedsit with a laptop, can knock out half a dozen best selling boy wizard books.

Yes, but J K could have done it on a typewriter if necessary.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster