I would love to get some vocals on this demo I've been working on

Exploring the tools and techniques for long-distance recording projects.

Moderator: Moderators

I would love to get some vocals on this demo I've been working on

Post by OscarCG »

I've been working on this demo over the past couple of weeks. I would love to get some vocals on it, but I can't sing and I couldn't write a good lyric if my life depended on it. I'm therefor looking to collaborate with someone who can both write and sing. I welcome everything, no matter what your experience level is. I've posted the link for the demo below.
If anyone's got any feedback for it, that would also be much appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/user-721776964/socialites/s-hneZYUBpVuV

Thanks in advance
OscarCG

Re: I would love to get some vocals on this demo I've been working on

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Nicely put together track but well outside my arena. At the moment I think the only thing I'd say is that it doesn't really vary enough but if it's the spine for a vocal piece then obviously that will lead the production decisions from there.
Good luck.
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24546 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Dynamic Mike »

It's a nice arrangement, but I think it's way to close to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NV6Rdv1a3I

Sometimes you subconsiously gravitate towards something you've heard. We've all done it.
Dynamic Mike
Frequent Poster
Keeping 2 Chevrons apart

Post by Tim Gillett »

Nice funky arrangement. I'm not sure how typical it is but often in songwriting duos, one person writes the lyrics while the other writes the music. The musical side is complete when a melody has been written.

The chord progression is fine but I feel it could do with a different chord progression such as in a chorus.
Tim Gillett
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2632 Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:00 am Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by CS70 »

Every time someone talks of lyrics and choruses I think of R.E.M., "The One I love", unholy stadium crowds and I chuckle. Wish there were rules..
CS70
Longtime Poster
Posts: 7798 Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:00 am Location: Oslo, Norway
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Post by RichardT »

OscarCG wrote:I've been working on this demo over the past couple of weeks. I would love to get some vocals on it, but I can't sing and I couldn't write a good lyric if my life depended on it. I'm therefor looking to collaborate with someone who can both write and sing. I welcome everything, no matter what your experience level is. I've posted the link for the demo below.
If anyone's got any feedback for it, that would also be much appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/user-721776964/socialites/s-hneZYUBpVuV

Thanks in advance

This is a direct copy of 'Get Lucky'. The chord sequence, the key, tempo and the arrangement are identical. I wouldn't recommend going forward with this.
Last edited by RichardT on Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardT
Frequent Poster
Posts: 4153 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by Handlestash »

CS70 wrote:Every time someone talks of lyrics and choruses I think of R.E.M., "The One I love", unholy stadium crowds and I chuckle. Wish there were rules..

Unholy stadium crowds. Exquisite.

I have a friend who's a US war veteran and one of the few perks is he gets free concert tickets on occasion. We went to a Kenny Chesney concert for science. I could write a novel about that cursed day.
Handlestash
Frequent Poster
Posts: 761 Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Post by Martin Walker »

RichardT wrote:This is a direct copy of 'Get Lucky'. The chord sequence, the key, tempo and the arrangement are identical. I wouldn't recommend going forward with this.

I totally agree - it's one thing creating a well-produced pastiche of a famous existing track (well done on that score ;)) to gain experience, but quite another to pitch for someone else to add vocals and get sucked into possible litigation :shifty:

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20623 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK