FREE mac Plug ins....

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FREE mac Plug ins....

Post by Stevie4Music »

What a find!!!!! These plugs are astonishingly high quality.

And the 101 clone - it brings back memories for me to. SH101 was my first synth as 16: the fundamentals of synthesis I learnt on that exquisite machine have stood me in great stead over the years. I can't think of a better synth to learn on.

I remember dreaming of having a whole orchestra of SH101's - and now I can do it: I've just loaded up 16 instances into logic and am having a ball!!!

Back in 1989, I eventually ended up with two, and used to run them with a TR606 and a Seq. Circuits Pro One. What a meaty set up that was... At gigs I would program the 101 sequencer on stage between each song..... I was very proud of that feat!

This whole suit is the best set of free plugs I have come across by a mile.

Thanks for the heads-up: you've made me a very happy bunny and given a much needed injection of inspiration to my workflow...

S.
Stevie4Music
New here

Post by Dr_Jezz »

:)
Dr_Jezz
Poster

Post by jayzed »

QUOTE: Line 6 are giving away Pod Farm for free until 30th September if you have an iLok or other Line 6 hardware.

And the buggers had the cheek to send me the email offering this, after I'd paid the $US for the very same thing!
jayzed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 507 Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:00 am Location: North London

Post by Andrew Hutchinson »

It's been mentioned on these fora before, but SPL are giving away their "Attacker" plug free, until 15 Nov., as well as the free ranger, a diminished version of the standard graphic, inductor EQ. The attacker is, as you would imagine, the first/left half of the Transient Designer. Neither requires an iLok, and are available in all three formats, as far as I know. I only downloaded the AU, since that's all I use.
Andrew Hutchinson
Poster

Post by ken long »

Hi any analysis tools floating around? PPMs, phase scopes, etc?

ken
ken long
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3510 Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:00 am Location: Somers Town
I'm All Ears.

Post by DaleSmith »

blue cat audio do a great set of free plugins. they include a really analyser, not sure about a phase scope tho..

:)
DaleSmith
Regular
Posts: 261 Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:00 am Location: Hull, UK

Post by ken long »

Thanks Dale! :bouncy:

ken
ken long
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3510 Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:00 am Location: Somers Town
I'm All Ears.

Post by Scope »

jameslerouge wrote:well i know about these plug ins from dont crack, so i was not completely over the moon, anyhow, having become a recent convert to the MAC, i want really some advice, i have always used cu base on my pc. i now want to try out some other software, but not buy just now, does anyone know of any where to get hold of some software much the same as cubase, or indeed a version of cu base i could use meanwhile, as i am rather lagging and dwelling on this one, and i fear i will have to purchase cubase again, which terrifies me. Any advice on a good program, well, i would be seriously grateful!

take a look at this thread :-

Cubase AI - For FREE ( and its all legit ! )
Scope
Frequent Poster

Post by Ian Shaw »

A nice one here: TCElectronics

Three days inly , so go get it!

Ian
Ian Shaw
Regular
Posts: 179 Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:00 am Location: Somerset
'...and when we got bored, we have a world war...'

Post by ruchis »

The plug ins information is very nice to work on. It gives a lot of think to work on it. It really gives me a lot of good explanations there to make it my job more easier. Thanks for sharing with us.
ruchis

VFX app - PC CSTs in Mac OS!

Post by Dr_Jezz »

As I posted in the main forum:

VFX application - anyone using it?

I did a search to see if this has been discussed, but couldn't find anything. I'm going to post this in the freeware VST sticky, because it seems to allow you to run PC VST FX in Mac OS and there are many free ones out there! I'm trying this now - anyone else had much success with it?

Here
Dr_Jezz
Poster

Re: VFX app - PC CSTs in Mac OS!

Post by Dr_Jezz »

Still evaluating above post since my new Apogee started annoying me, but can't remember if anyone's mentioned any of the Stillwell stuff (as used by Mix Rescue) - They're not FREE - but you can check them out without limit - and as far as I can hear so far...... I'm about to PAY (the very reasonable cost) for at least 3 since I found out - amazing. Between these and TAL, I'm lost for typos ;) here
Dr_Jezz
Poster