asio overload in cubase artist 6 64-bit

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: asio overload in cubase artist 6 64-bit

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks »

Have you asked around on the MOTU forum? I have found it useful in the past - I have a PCI424 and 24i/o, once in a while I need to pop in there for a read.
NorthWood MediaWorks
Poster
Posts: 20 Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:00 am Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Robin @
NorthWood MediaWorks - Visit the Forest

Post by charlie chalk »

Thanks for the help and pointers people!

unfortunately, switching to asio4all driver didn't fix the problem :-(((

have emailed steinberg and now waiting for a response.

got a sneaking suspicion I'm gonna have to invest in a new soundcard :-((

will also get onto the motu forum asap.

thanks again peeps.....the mission continues.

charlie
charlie chalk
Regular

Post by Chaparazzi »

Hey, I'm having similar problems. I disabled my UAD cards and this did help a little but asio still spikes. I then disabled network ports in device manager and all seems much better. It's only been an hour though so i'll see how it goes.
Chaparazzi
Regular
Amazing take, spot on, just perfect....right....one more time.

Post by charlie chalk »

Interesting! I also have a UAD card installed..

I will look into this tomorrow after work....

I have tried switching drivers between the motu and asio4all and nothing...

I've decided I'm going to re-install cubase 6 and all the plugins etc, and then re-install bit by bit....and hope!

really annoying as I was looking forward to all the new features and remixing down some old tunes that I wanted to make sound even better......arrggghhh!

I don't see my self as a begineer or an expert, but I'm running out of possible solutions...damn well not going to give up though!
charlie chalk
Regular

Post by charlie chalk »

Sorted it...so far!

After re-installing all the plugins and vst intsrument (with jbridge) and making sure everything was installed in the correct place it seems to be behaving itself, and alll whilst running in 64-bit!. Only after a zillion restarts and and loading each plugin one by one, testing it, and then doing the next one......it seems to be working....so far.

from what I can gather the vst bridge is crashing the asio. how and why I do not know, and I'm not clever enough to understand. but after going through as many possible solutions as I could possible think of. that was all that was left.

I have also realized that I could really do with getting a new soundcard as the newest driver update from motu didn't work and I'm using the driver that came on original cd. another thing to save for!

also, got this response from steinberg.net:

Hi!This is a problem across the board...

Had the same problem...This is how I resolved it...but first check some things first...

1.Go to "device setup" (which is under "Devices")...Click on "Vst Audio System"...Check if the Asio Driver drop down is on your Sound Card's Asio driver or the Direct X one...make sure you set it on the your Sound Card's Asio driver.

2.Click on the Win7 start button,All programs and go to the Steinberg folder,Click on the Asio Direct Sound and unclick any other devices (e.g. Your onboard sound card...inside the the pc like Realtek or something...unclick it and leave only your Sound Card/Audio Interface)

3.If it does not work,repair your operating system(win 7)...Never done it on Win7 but on Xp you insert the original disc and re-start pc...and boot through the disc and there'll be options to either repair the operating system or re-install it afresh...I never lose my files when I do this...You may have to reinstall the hardwares (audio interface,printer) which Windows will prompt you to do when first switch them on after repair of the Operating System...

Each time I did this last part,the Asio spikes cease immediately...until maybe after downloading a particular batch of windows update...so take note of that.

Tshepo
South Africa

peace out!

charlie
charlie chalk
Regular