Library Of Free Multitrack Downloads: Update

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

More new free multitracks for download...

Post by Mike Senior »

Another quick update to mention that there have been lots of new multitracks added to the library since last I posted -- there are now 100 different projects, including:
  • The raw tracks for this issue's Bollywood-style Mix Rescue, a song called 'Kaathaadi' by Sambasevam Shanmugam.
  • Some slick vocal-led electronic dance-pop, in the form of AM Contra's 'Heart Peripheral'.
  • Two tracks from Brian Eno & David Byrne's early-80s milestone album My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts. (Although most legitimate 'free multitracks' I've encountered from well-known artists are actually submixed stems, incomplete 'remix packs', or data-compressed audio files, these two actually seem to be the real deal -- 24-bit WAVs taken direct from the original multitrack tapes.)
  • A powerful Muse-flavoured indie rock production from The Doppler Shift.
  • Another sample-based film cue, this time desert-themed suspense from New York-based media composer Mike Skalandunas.
  • A great acoustic song by Will Knox, multitracked live in front of an audience at Sweetwater's GearFest 2011 expo.
  • A wistful acoustic number with a French cafe vibe: 'If You Say' by James May.
  • The final multitrack from Season Two of the Shaking Through project (which has just achieved its funding target for a third season -- hurrah!): Snowmine's 'Curfews'.
  • Two multitrack sessions in support of instructional videos from Methods & Applications Laboratory: Swinging Steaks country-rock 'Lost My Way' and Jamie Walker's acoustic country 'Love Can Be'.
Also, some readers of 'Mix Rescue' may also be interested to know that I've uploaded a couple of my complete Reaper remix projects so that users of that DAW can have a look at all the exact settings I used. These projects can also be downloaded from the library here:
More uploads incoming -- you can get monthly updates via my mailing list.
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1083 Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:00 am Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: More new free multitracks for download...

Post by Mike Senior »

It's been a while since I last updated this thread, so here are the latest uploads since the last post:
  • The raw tracks for this issue's Mix Rescue, an indie rock song from Jokers, Jacks & Kings called 'Sea Of Leaves'.
  • ''Black Out Betty' is a slice of sunny alt-pop/rock from New York band Banned From The Zoo.
  • A couple of heavy emo rock numbers: 'Ambitions' by All Hands Lost, and 'All The Same' by North To Alaska -- the latter featured in Mix Rescue December 2009.
  • Three new indie/alternative productions from Brian McTear's Shaking Through project: Filthybird's 'I'd Like To Know', Strand Of Oaks's 'Spacestation', and Face On Film's 'Waiting For GA'.
  • A fresh batch of four uploads from mic manufacturer Telefunken: a folk pop duo between Andrew Cole and Chantel Upshaw on the former's song 'Dead Roses'; driving rock with prog leanings from The Brew's 'What I Want'; an A-list Nashville session in the form of Uncle Dad's 'Who I Am'; and a frankly jaw-dropping live performance of the song 'Glorious', featuring the singer-songwriter Jonny Rodgers accompanying himself on water-filled wineglasses -- you've got to see it to believe it!
  • An unusual and evocative classical/electronica production from Giselle's debut album 'Turning Circles': 'You'.
  • Three tracks from David Youngs's wonderful debut solo acoustic guitar album 'Transience': 'Dust, You & Me', 'Technomantra', and 'Long Overdue'. Although they aren't 'multitracks' as such, they're still excellent mixing practice because of the incredibly wide range of playing techniques David uses, including some frighteningly complex rhythmic tapping techniques.
  • A good, solid, funk-rock tune from the Louis Cressy Band, called 'Good Time'.
I've also added a few more complete project files for recent Mix Rescue remixes (including this month's) so anyone who's interested can have a closer look at the settings -- I've included screenshots of all the third-party plug-ins too, in case you don't have access to those. These projects can also be downloaded from the library here:
Lots more uploads in the works -- if you have anything you'd like to contribute yourself, do please get in touch with me via SOS or through my site.
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster

Re: Library Of Free Multitrack Downloads: Update

Post by RAWNUM83RZ »

Hello Mike,
Just a quick question? once we've uploaded the multitrack and attempt a mix is there a forum or somewhere where we can send it back to get feedback on how we did with the mix or any tips or tricks we should use for that particular mix?
RAWNUM83RZ
Poster

Post by Mike Senior »

RAWNUM83RZ wrote:Hello Mike,
Just a quick question? once we've uploaded the multitrack and attempt a mix is there a forum or somewhere where we can send it back to get feedback on how we did with the mix or any tips or tricks we should use for that particular mix?

Well, people round here always seem pretty happy to provide feedback on mixes if you post them... :)
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster

Post by Athanasios C. Paschalis »

Mike Senior wrote:
RAWNUM83RZ wrote:Hello Mike,

Well, people round here always seem pretty happy to provide feedback on mixes if you post them... :)

I just stumbled upon your post... Fantastic job and a great initiative! Well done!
Athanasios C. Paschalis
Regular

Post by Reverend_Chaos »

Allright!

This is just brilliant, Mr. Senior! I've just landed a project mixing a demo for a Black Metal band as a first "real" gig mix-wise (after having mixed my own stuff for some years) so I'm downloading one of the Death Metal projects from your page as we speak so I can practice a bit more before I receive the files I shall work on.

Any tips on how to achieve a gritty, garage-y but still powerful extreme metal mix are welcome, allthough I suspect that is a topic for another thread somewhere else on this forum :headbang:

Anyhow, thanks for all tips, mix rescues, masterclasses, inspiring articles and generous libraries with training projects. You're doing a great job!
Reverend_Chaos
Posts: 1 Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:00 am Location: Oslo, Norway
Set sail and head for your doom.

Post by Sibelius19 »

I know I may just get shot down here but, what is multitrack?
Sibelius19
Regular

Post by Mr.MixAlot »

Thanks for posting this! Great stuff!
Mr.MixAlot
Poster

Post by Mike Senior »

Just a quick update to say that last month's Mix Rescue candidates, the band Motor Tapes, have kindly made the multitracks for their song 'Shore' available for download should any SOS readers fancy trying their hand at mixing those themselves:

Motor Tapes: 'Shore' -- multitrack files

In case you missed that particular article, here's a link: Mix Rescue September 2013: Motor Tapes
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster

Post by Littlemonkeystudios »

sounds good!
Littlemonkeystudios
New here

Post by Ron Snijders »

For some reason, I noticed this thread a couple of times, but only checked it out today. Wonderful stuff, thank you!
Ron Snijders
Regular

Post by intermittent hummer »

I can't seem to find the multitrack files on soundcloud for the "session" article from the december 2013 issue of SOS. I have noticed google does take a while before it is able to find stuff that I put on S/cloud, but it has been 2 1/2 wks now. any suggestions?
thanks
jp
intermittent hummer
Poster