Forum Topic Pruning: SOS needs your help

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Forum Topic Pruning: SOS needs your help

Post by Sam Spoons »

:D:D:D
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19590 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Manchester UK
People often mistake me for a grown-up because of my age.

Post by Ghostjax »

What do people say? You've said exactly what I was wondering. I might be new to this site but man, data this huge shouldn't be wasted.
desmond wrote:Is there any way to export a pre-pruned text dump of the forums, which can then be hosted online?

It's a shame in the age of big data that online history might be deleted, but I understand the performance and business needs to do this. But if some kind of text archive could be exported and hosted, then at least the data would be retained and be searchable just in case, rather than have a bunch of text gone forever.

Admittedly, how much value is in those posts is probably questionable, but even so...

Or is it all just a big conspiracy to stop me reaching my 10K post count..? (Again!) :lol:

Ghostjax
New here

Post by Sounillph »

Does SOS still need help now?
Sounillph

Re: Forum Topic Pruning: not happening

Post by Forum Admin »

We have had to put this intended prune on the back-burner -- too many higher priorities for the WebDev team to focus on -- and will probably re-visit ways to improve Forum page-load times in early 2021.
Forum Admin
Posts: 4233 Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:00 pm Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
Search 16,966 SOS Reviews+Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
SOS Podcasts