HELP! Mackie cr8s-xbt sub won't connect via Bluetooth

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

HELP! Mackie cr8s-xbt sub won't connect via Bluetooth

Post by cy_berg »

Hi everyone,
I just got the Mackie Cr8s-xbt subwoofer and Cr8-XBT 8 inch monitors, both with Bluetooth connection. I have looked in the user manuals and studied a bunch of videos on Youtube on how to connect these together, but can't find the answer so hoping to get some help here.

This should be really easy: hook everything up, push the Bluetooth button on the sub to connect e.g. an iPhone to play music. But, this does not work. The sub won't let an iPhone connect, the cr8s-xbt does not show up in the Bluetooth list on the iPhone. Instead, the CR8 monitors turn up and connect. It works playing music through them that way, but then the sub doesn't work. Does anyone own the sub and knows how the Bluetooth work, or if the use manual I incorrect when it comes to setting this sub up with a pair of monitors?
/Kristian
cy_berg

Re: HELP! Mackie cr8s-xbt sub won't connect via Bluetooth

Post by ef37a »

cy_berg wrote:Hi everyone,
I just got the Mackie Cr8s-xbt subwoofer and Cr8-XBT 8 inch monitors, both with Bluetooth connection. I have looked in the user manuals and studied a bunch of videos on Youtube on how to connect these together, but can't find the answer so hoping to get some help here.

This should be really easy: hook everything up, push the Bluetooth button on the sub to connect e.g. an iPhone to play music. But, this does not work. The sub won't let an iPhone connect, the cr8s-xbt does not show up in the Bluetooth list on the iPhone. Instead, the CR8 monitors turn up and connect. It works playing music through them that way, but then the sub doesn't work. Does anyone own the sub and knows how the Bluetooth work, or if the use manual I incorrect when it comes to setting this sub up with a pair of monitors?
/Kristian

Blue tooth is a PITA! I have struggled for days but failed to get a "Ugreen" receiver to connect to my W7 laptop, the sound card simply won't have it an audio device. My Samsung S phone? No problem.

Thinking about the sub woofer and tops, surely the phone needs to pair with both devices and stream to both of them at the same time. Can it?

Me? I like wires!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16448 Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am Location: northampton uk

Post by resistorman »

If you're using them for your studio, you do not want to use Bluetooth. Latency for sure and possible sound degradation/ interference.
resistorman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2679 Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 am Location: Asheville NC
"The Best" piece of gear is subjective.

Post by cy_berg »

ef37a wrote:
cy_berg wrote:Hi everyone,

/Kristian

Blue tooth is a PITA! I have struggled for days but failed to get a "Ugreen" receiver to connect to my W7 laptop, the sound card simply won't have it an audio device. My Samsung S phone? No problem.

Thinking about the sub woofer and tops, surely the phone needs to pair with both devices and stream to both of them at the same time. Can it?

Me? I like wires!

Dave.

The thing is, that when reading the user manual and also looking at YouTube videos, it clearly says that:
  • When using the tops only, you obviously connect to the them only
  • When using both the tops AND the sub, you are supposed to connect to the sub ONLY. The sub and tops have their own BT device names. When pushing the BT connection button on the sub, it does not appear in the BT device list in my iPhone. Have tried with several different phones.
So, I was hoping that anyone at this forum had tired out these Mackies so see if they have had the same problem as me. Strangely, I do not get the sub to work via cable either, but I have not tried this more than really quick so I will proceed with further tests of that also.
cy_berg

Post by Amoia »

I just received this sub and I do have it working with cables no problem.. but for fun i have been trying to connect via bluetooth with no luck as well. it simply doesn't appear on any devices when i hit the pairing button.

cy_berg did you find any solution yet?
Amoia

Post by Broboturner »

He guys, I found a fix to try. In the manual it says to simply press and release the running man button. You have to actually hold the button down until it starts flashing green and then release.

It should show up as an available device then!
Broboturner