Analogue Lives! (SOS/Muzines)

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Analogue Lives! (SOS/Muzines)

Post by muzines »

BillB wrote:So the time machine only needs to take us back 20 years.... surely that makes it much easier to build?

I can't find a single flaw in that argument... :thumbup:
muzines
Jedi Poster
..............................mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio  | Legacy Logic Project Conversion

Post by BillB »

desmond wrote:
BillB wrote:So the time machine only needs to take us back 20 years.... surely that makes it much easier to build?

I can't find a single flaw in that argument... :thumbup:

Thanks for being so supportive, although to be fair, I think you have already created the closest we are going to get to a time machine... www.muzines.co.uk:bouncy:
BillB
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1903 Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:00 am Location: East Yorkshire

Post by muzines »

BillB wrote:you have already created the closest we are going to get to a time machine...

Awesome... if we could just go forward five or ten years, I could skip a boatload of work... :lol:
muzines
Jedi Poster
..............................mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio  | Legacy Logic Project Conversion

Post by MOF »

What dpi do you want the scans to be? I have some of these magazines.
MOF
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2259 Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:00 am Location: United Kingdom

Post by muzines »

MOF wrote:What dpi do you want the scans to be? I have some of these magazines.

Hi - thanks! Details here:
http://www.muzines.co.uk/scandetails

Which issues do you have? We have about 98% of International Musician, it's just taking a while to scan them as they are often 200+ page monster issues... so issues that fill gaps we don't have access to are the most useful, at this stage. :thumbup:
muzines
Jedi Poster

Post by MOF »

Thank you, I’ll check what I’ve got, they’re in plastic stacking boxes in my loft, I’m an inveterate hoarder.
MOF
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Post by muzines »

MOF wrote:Thank you, I’ll check what I’ve got, they’re in plastic stacking boxes in my loft, I’m an inveterate hoarder.

Awesome, thanks. There are other publications we're looking for as well, so if you could give me an idea of what you find up there, that'd be super! :thumbup:
muzines
Jedi Poster

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

desmond wrote:
Hugh Robjohns wrote:I was ripped off! :D I paid £1300 for mine in 1984.

Nah, that was in the ballpark:

Ooh. That's a fascinating chart. Yes, it felt a fair purchase price at the time -- came from a studio in Taunton -- and it was in very good condition and complete with the lid, music rest, legs and both pedals. Looks like I sold it for a good price too, which is a small consolation...

Had you kept it, however... :shock::shocked::?:tongue::thumbdown:.

I know, I know... A mate bought one last year with a MIDI retrofit for around £24k ! it's in lovely nick and sounds superb, but OMG! :shocked:
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38835 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by MOF »

Awesome, thanks. There are other publications we're looking for as well, so if you could give me an idea of what you find up there, that'd be super! :thumbup:

I’ve found July and December 1979 ‘International Musician & Recording world’ plus February, June (it’s Muse on the cover) and July 2001 of Making Music.
I’ve got quite a few ‘Beat Instrumental’ magazines (you asked what else I’ve got) as well.
I haven’t finished my search yet.
MOF
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Post by muzines »

MOF wrote:

I’ve found July and December 1979 ‘International Musician & Recording world’ plus February, June (it’s Muse on the cover) and July 2001 of Making Music.

Great - they fill some important holes!

MOF wrote:I’ve got quite a few ‘Beat Instrumental’ magazines (you asked what else I’ve got) as well. I haven’t finished my search yet.

Thanks - I'm not tackling Beat Instrumental, I've turned down collections of those in the past. There's a *lot* of them, and there's only so much I can do! :o:crazy:

Given that tomorrow is our official fifth birthday, there *might* be some new publications added
(ssh! There's gonna be some new publications added!)

If we can arrange to get those issues you mention scanned/lent/given to us to scan, that'd be fab! :thumbup:
muzines
Jedi Poster

Post by The Korff »

Morning Des!

Ping me an email to news@soundonsound dot etc when the new mags are up and I'll post a 'birthday/new content' news story on the website and social media.

Cheers!

Chris
The Korff
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2271 Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:28 am Location: The Wrong Precinct

Post by muzines »

Thanks, will do!

This morning got off to a fine start when about 25 members of police, fire, paramedics descended into the woods at the back of the field out of my window, then an Air Ambulance landed outside my backgarden... they recovered a body. Doesn't seem to be a crime scene though, the whole thing was rather odd, and sad of course... :(
muzines
Jedi Poster