Studio Headphones ???

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Studio Headphones ???

Post by DigitalMusicProduction »

Hi

Very happy to announce after selling off the Sony MDR 7506 headphones and replacing them for the sennheiser 280 Pro monitor headphones (new model) it's now a joy to play record and produce on the Piano. The relatively flat frequency response provides an overall better experience in not being too bass light or too high in the upper register as was experienced when using the 7506s.

There is no harshness to these Cans at all, how could i of used commercial headphones for so long.. switching back to a commercial headset from the 280 Pros now is a no brainer, being able to hear all the nuances and sonic character of the Piano using a pro monitor headset is now providing to be a great benefit in production.
DigitalMusicProduction
Regular

Music is a universal language that speaks to every person, a euphoria of moods that inspires, convicts and heals 

Re: Studio Headphones ???

Post by Ben Asaro »

Congrats! I recently upgraded my headphone monitoring as well. I had a pair of HD280s many moons ago. I remember them being mid-forward but not tilted on the extremes, which gave them a detailed smooth sound, if I am recalling correctly.
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2365 Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am Location: NYC

Re: Studio Headphones ???

Post by DigitalMusicProduction »

Ben Asaro wrote:Congrats! I recently upgraded my headphone monitoring as well. I had a pair of HD280s many moons ago. I remember them being mid-forward but not tilted on the extremes, which gave them a detailed smooth sound, if I am recalling correctly.

Your right on the money.. detailed and smooth all the way.
DigitalMusicProduction
Regular

Music is a universal language that speaks to every person, a euphoria of moods that inspires, convicts and heals