Behringer 2600 - first impressions

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Behringer 2600 - first impressions

Post by The Elf »

Wonks wrote:What’s the 12v socket for? Powering something else - say a keyboard?

That's the input for the external 12V PSU. I had my custom version made with the IEC socket added, and will be fixing the PSU inside the case, so I won't be using that socket.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19940 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by Ben Asaro »

That looks great! Will it house just the 2600? Or will it also hold the Eurorack modules as well?
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2357 Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am Location: NYC

Post by BJG145 »

It only takes the 2600 inside it, but it will have a disembowelled 2500 on top of it, with hedgehog bookends to hold the modules in place.

BJG145
Jedi Poster

Post by Ben Asaro »

(I want those bookends ....)
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Post by The Elf »

Ben Asaro wrote:That looks great! Will it house just the 2600? Or will it also hold the Eurorack modules as well?

For a while I thought that I should have allowed for the 2500 modules, but I now feel I'm happier with keeping them separate - and I'm going to make them a standalone 2-tier synth in their own right.

But I've also had a third thought... ;)
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Post by The Elf »

BJG145 wrote:It only takes the 2600 inside it, but it will have a disembowelled 2500 on top of it, with hedgehog bookends to hold the modules in place.
<pic>

I LOVE those!
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Post by Ben Asaro »

The Elf wrote:
Ben Asaro wrote: But I've also had a third thought... ;)

LOL ... here comes the 9U/104hp case! :D
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Post by Wonks »

The Elf wrote:But I've also had a third thought... ;)

You've now used up your year's quota and it's only April!
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17004 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by The Elf »

Wonks wrote:
The Elf wrote:But I've also had a third thought... ;)

You've now used up your year's quota and it's only April!

It's pretty weak at the moment, I'm feeding it up until it looks like a good idea! ;):mrgreen:
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Post by Arpangel »

Elf, Gear For Music have a few 2500 modules in stock right now, I’ve managed to order three, the 1005, 1033, 1006, more on the way in about three weeks.
I’m also going to put them in a two row case, preferably a portable.

:thumbup:
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by The Elf »

Arpangel wrote:Elf, Gear For Music have a few 2500 modules in stock right now, I’ve managed to order three, the 1005, 1033, 1006, more on the way in about three weeks.

Thanks for the info. They are my suppliers. My order is held waiting on a couple of other components. The oscillators are currently quoted as October, so I've cancelled those - and am instead bringing part of the next phase forward. I should have something mid-May, if current estimates are to be believed. Though I'm in no great hurry, TBH.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote:
Arpangel wrote:Elf, Gear For Music have a few 2500 modules in stock right now, I’ve managed to order three, the 1005, 1033, 1006, more on the way in about three weeks.

Thanks for the info. They are my suppliers. My order is held waiting on a couple of other components. The oscillators are currently quoted as October, so I've cancelled those - and am instead bringing part of the next phase forward. I should have something mid-May, if current estimates are to be believed. Though I'm in no great hurry, TBH.

Yeah, I’m in no hurry too, but those oscillators are a sticking point, sure.
I’m using the other modules in my other Euro case, I’ll take them out when the others become available.
I must admit, as much as we go on about Behringer, they’ve enabled me to have at least, a good stab at playing something I never thought I’d ever play, that’s an achievement, surely?
for lots of people like me.
The 2500 is like my Lexicon 224 was, it’s not to be taken lightly, I am playing something very special, it’s not just a bunch of components, I know, when mine is all fired up for the first time it will be a magical experience in the literal sense, I’m going to prepare myself for it, I know, where I’ll be, exactly, the Sky will be a certain deep summer blue, my mum and my neighbours will be there, it’s 1975, my ARP brochure on the shed wall, Morton Subotnik, Wendy Carlos, echoing down the stairs from my neighbours stereo, that’s exactly where I’ll be, and it will inspire me.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster