Clearsorber Panels - Hugh Robjohn's Home Studio

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Moderator: Moderators

Clearsorber Panels - Hugh Robjohn's Home Studio

Post by Paul881 »

I read the June 2020 article on the treatment of Hugh's home work studio with a great deal of interest and in particular, that he used Clearsorber panels to treat his windows with.

As I am nearing completion of my home studio build, I have a set of double glazed door 's and small side windows to treat along with a small Velux skylight so I'm wondering what Hugh feels about the effectiveness of this solution, did he feel that it was a cost effective and workable solution? Thanks!
Paul881
Poster
Posts: 99 Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:00 am Location: Heart of the Shires, England

Re: Clearsorber Panels - Hugh Robjohn's Home Studio

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Certainly workable. I didn't have any problems making a simple frame to secure the clearsorber panels in front of the windows. Fitting them to a door could be more challenging, but not hugely so.

Cost-effectiveness depends on your budget and expectations, but I'm very pleased with the improvements it brought and would use it again without hesitation.

And it was Max's suggestion to use -- he's used it a lot and is quite a fan of it, which counts for a lot too, with me at least.
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 39015 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by Paul881 »

Thanks Hugh, much appreciated. I have been in contact with the suppliers but they tell me that due to Brexit and C19, getting supplies of the product from France are problematic at the moment so its something that I'll keep an eye on in the coming months.

I am however going with the Camira Lucia covering for my sound panels as you have done and overall, I found your article very informative and interesting.
Paul881
Poster
Posts: 99 Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:00 am Location: Heart of the Shires, England

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

:thumbup::D
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 39015 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual...