Yorkville Sound SD-02 Studio Workstation... what are your thoughts?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkville Sound SD-02 Studio Workstation... what are your thoughts?

Post by anna-marie music »

I've just recently started learning how to mix/master my own songs, and needed to find a better desk... right now I'm using a corner-desk from JYSK, which does not have enough desk space (or "desk real-estate" as my dad likes to call it!) for all my equipment, etc. So I stopped in at my local Long and McQuade store yesterday, and little did I know, they sell studio desks!

I ended up buying the Yorkville Sound SD-02 Workstation... based on what I saw in the store display, it's perfect for what I need (I also bought the side extensions for the monitors)! It's on order now, so I'm just waiting for it to arrive before I can set everything up. Then I'll really be able to get started on mixing my songs :D

What are your thoughts on the Yorkville Sound SD-02 Studio Workstation?
anna-marie music
Poster
Posts: 46 Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
I've always had a passion for music. Influenced by the likes of Michelle Branch, Kelly Clarkson, and Mandy Moore; my music style is alternative pop based with a little hint of country.

Re: Yorkville Sound SD-02 Studio Workstation... what are your thoughts?

Post by Sam Spoons »

Looks fine to me :thumbup:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19694 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Manchester UK
People often mistake me for a grown-up because of my age.

Post by Music Wolf »

Do you have sufficient outboard gear to fill the 4u of space? Don't worry if you don't - because you will soon.

Any kind of rack space (19", guitar stands etc) are like the electron orbits of an atom. They need to be filled otherwise they become reactive. If you start out with a space in that rack then the laws of Physics state that you will not be happy until it's filled.

You may as well start planning your next purchase now.

Enjoy the desk.
Music Wolf
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2755 Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:00 am Location: Exiled to St Helens

Post by anna-marie music »

Music Wolf wrote:Do you have sufficient outboard gear to fill the 4u of space? Don't worry if you don't - because you will soon.

Any kind of rack space (19", guitar stands etc) are like the electron orbits of an atom. They need to be filled otherwise they become reactive. If you start out with a space in that rack then the laws of Physics state that you will not be happy until it's filled.

You may as well start planning your next purchase now.

Enjoy the desk.

(LOL!) Right now I just have the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface... it's small, I know, but I find that for the kind of music I've been doing lately, it works :thumbup: (I also have an Ableton Push, but not sure if that's the kind of gear you're referring to ;) )

Thank you! I will definitely enjoy it!
anna-marie music
Poster
Posts: 46 Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
I've always had a passion for music. Influenced by the likes of Michelle Branch, Kelly Clarkson, and Mandy Moore; my music style is alternative pop based with a little hint of country.