GForce OB-E soft synth SOS review

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

GForce OB-E soft synth SOS review

Post by Forum Admin »

We've advance published Gordon Reid's review from the forthcoming JUNE 2021 issue of the GForce OB-E soft synth.

www.soundonsound.com/reviews/gforce-ob-e

It's a subscribers-only article but there's 20% teaser to read and a PDF to buy if you are keen and not (yet) an SOS Subscriber.

cheers,
Ian G
Last edited by Forum Admin on Sat May 08, 2021 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Admin
Posts: 4290 Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:00 pm Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
Search 16,966 SOS Reviews+Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
SOS Podcasts

Re: GForce OB-E soft synth SOS review

Post by Martin Walker »

Thanks Ian!

No PC version as yet, but one will hopefully be along in due course :(

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20634 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: GForce OB-E soft synth SOS review

Post by Eddy Deegan »

Martin Walker wrote: No PC version as yet, but one will hopefully be along in due course :(

Seconded. I wanted it as soon as I saw a video about it somewhere (probably on youtube) and had it been available for PC I'd have bought it already.

No disrespect to the Cherry Audio folks but the GForce one is the one I wanted. Their statement on the matter is here: https://www.gforcesoftware.com/blog/ob- ... c-version/

Whereas I do understand what they are saying, I am rather disappointed. Given that Cherry Audio have their own (much cheaper) version which is available for both PC and Mac I fear that GForce may have picked an unwise product to release on Mac only as by the time it is available for PC a number of sales will have been lost to the cheaper alternative regardless of how it stacks up to the GForce version (which does look really good).
Last edited by Eddy Deegan on Sat May 08, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8820 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects