Yet another reason to stay out the box

For anything relating to music-making on Windows computers, with lots of FAQs. Moderated by Martin Walker.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Yet another reason to stay out the box

Post by Albatross »

Must be very confusing though, for a youngun now. Some of the people on this thread were brought up with tape machine, desk and a few bit and bobs. It was a good education. For us, the DAW was a revelation!

Now, I don't know where I'd start to get my head around all the stuff that's just there for the taking. And educational/promotional videos show all this complexity and dos and don'ts. I mean ... we can't blame people for losing the plot and thinking they need this that or the other.

What we are really doing is throwing novices into the most sophisticated studios on earth, which is what a modern daw on a modern computer is, and having them think they can probably master the thing in some weeks or months. And when they can't, wheel in yet another rack of gear and patch it in to the already unfathomable studio.

I'd like to see an article on how to make a decent record with eight tracks and some elastic bands.
Last edited by Albatross on Sat May 08, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albatross
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2413 Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:00 am Location: Airstrip 1, Eurasia

Re: Yet another reason to stay out the box

Post by ManFromGlass »

I’m sure you would have some snappy numbers recorded in no time. . .
Oh, is that taxi for me . . .
ManFromGlass
Longtime Poster
Posts: 6665 Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 am Location: O Canada