Icon QCon Pro G2 and Reaper

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Icon QCon Pro G2 and Reaper

Post by Marbury »

Have no fear, I have managed to get it to consistently work with the mackie configuration which does the job. I will quit while I am ahead. Thanks anyway for your suggestions in the head scratching department.
Marbury
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1089 Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:00 am Location: Cheshire, UK

Post by Drew Stephenson »

No worries, glad you've got it going to some degree.
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24636 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Marbury »

It's not perfect, doesn't do everything I want it to (undo/redo) but covers the basics and is aesthetically nice to use.
Marbury
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1089 Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:00 am Location: Cheshire, UK

Post by recprodvox »

This may be a stupid suggestion, but have you tried replacing the USB cable? If the fault is intermittent or the controller just stops communicating with your DAW, it sounds more like a hardware failure.

I bought a 10 metre USB printer cable from Amazon.
I also have a 5 metre cable and the shorter (1.5m?) cable that came with my Qcon (the earlier Qcon Pro model).

The 10m cable appears to work, then within just a couple of button presses, communication between the 2 devices just stops.

The other 2 cables work fine, despite going via a USB hub (which could also be the cause of your problems).

Unfortunately, after making the dumbassed decision to buy a late 2020 M1 Mac mini (by far my worst-ever IT purchase) whose measly 2 USB-C ports have already failed, I'm now left with a measly 2 USB 3.0 ports into which I have 8 devices connected via 2 USB hubs... now there's a disaster waiting to happen.
recprodvox