MOSKY guitar pedals

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

MOSKY guitar pedals

Post by Moroccomoose »

Has anyone been brave enough to give the MOSKY guitar pedals a go? If so, I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

They are very cheap (chinese) pedals. We all know pedals cost way more than the sum of thier parts, so I wondered if these had any mileage.

I'm looking for an inexpensive reverb pedal.

Stu.
Moroccomoose
Regular
Posts: 473 Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:00 am Location: Leicester

Re: MOSKY guitar pedals

Post by Wonks »

The spring reverb one?

No, but I have a lot of the other analogue pedals under other brand names and they are all great IMO.

I did buy one cheap mulit-type reverb pedal which was pretty bad, but this single-type unit seems to get good reviews.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17020 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by Moroccomoose »

I was thinking the Rd5 pedal they have. But might well look at the spring.

Cheers Wonks, might well be worth a punt.

Stu.
Last edited by Moroccomoose on Mon May 10, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moroccomoose
Regular
Posts: 473 Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:00 am Location: Leicester

Post by SecretSam »

I had their Rat clone for a little while. It sounded good. All the right sounds, low noise floor, no unwanted hums or crackles.

The knobs and switch felt like they came out of a Christmas cracker, but the pedal cost about half as much as a modest lunch with Mrs Sam, so that was a fair trade-off.

I sold it because I decided to avoid mini pedals that don't take batteries.

If you are looking at Chinese clones, the Tone City boxes feel more up market.

Mosky do a hand wired range that is slightly more expensive (so still pretty cheap), and is said to be a step up in perceived quality.
SecretSam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2724 Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:00 am Location: Officially, I do not exist.
Instant gratification is actually pretty good. It's fast as well.

Post by Wonks »

I had several of the Tone City pedals, and personally I thought they felt cheap compared to the Chinese pedals I now have (despite being about twice the price). The jack connections were definitely less than ideal as the casing was only connected to ground when the sockets had a jack in them and the sockets were only PCB supported, whereas on my other mini pedals, the sockets screw to the casing as well.

I do have a Mosky XP booster pedal. I don't have an Xotic EP booster pedal to compare it against, but it does a decent clean boost job with no noise and feels a solid pedal to me.

Obviously each pedal stands on its own merits, so some may feel flimsier than others. Most of my cheap pedals have the Cuvave brand name on them, and they have a good heavy feel to them, with well made PCBs inside.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Reliably fallible.

Post by SecretSam »

I didn't look inside either pedal (call me shallow), so that's useful insight.
SecretSam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2724 Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:00 am Location: Officially, I do not exist.
Instant gratification is actually pretty good. It's fast as well.

Post by Arpangel »

I got excited about this, but there’s one thing that put me off, the MOSKY spring reverb isn’t a spring reverb.

:)
Last edited by Arpangel on Sat May 15, 2021 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Wonks »

I was getting very obvious ground loop noise issues when I had the Tone City phaser and chorus pedals next to each other, despite being powered from a Voodoo Labs isolated output PSU, so I looked at both for any obvious poor case grounding issues. My board has two VL PSUs, and the noise only went away when I fed them from separate PSUs (though never quite entirely). Either pedal on its own with the other pedals was silent, only the two together resulted in the noise (which was related to the chorus and phaser speed rate settings).

They got replaced by a MXR Phase 95 and a Boss CE-2w (no noise issues).
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Reliably fallible.