Bastl Microgranny.

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Bastl Microgranny.

Post by Arpangel »

Martin Walker wrote::(

I’m giving it more time Martin, I’ve got my Zoom effects unit on it, and I’ve wiped the internal memory of the MG, so it just has my samples in it, wherever they are!
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Ben Asaro »

Life is too short to spend time putting square pegs into round holes. Shift the MG and move onto something you enjoy more! I have never been into sampling, probably never will be, I guess I enjoy boring bleeps and bloops more!
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2364 Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am Location: NYC

Post by Drongoloid »

Arpangel wrote:First impressions, almost unusable for an old person with even vaguely defective eyesight, knob/button labels unreadable to me without a magnifying glass,
Poor build quality, noisy, even though it’s low bit.
Illogical workflow, no built in speaker, which would have been useful.

Good review. Bought one of these years ago and have never had the first idea about how it works or even to get it to do the same thing twice. Useful once in a while...but yes totally illogical. I did write to them once and got a very polite reply which made the whole process even less logical than it already was. Twiddle knobs get some 'sound'...'sound' never to be found again.
Drongoloid
Poster
Posts: 94 Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:00 am Location: P for Elterwater

Post by Arpangel »

Drongoloid wrote: Twiddle knobs get some 'sound'...'sound' never to be found again.

But that’s just it, sounds like modular, fifty years ago.
These days, I’m getting much more out of sounds I get from things that aren’t predictable, or that I understand, I’ve got pedals going into pedals, going out to something else, into the four track, out of the four track, the Microgranny, some fantastic low-fin sounds that are truly gut wrenching, but gone forever as soon as I switch it off.
But that’s OK, I’m liking it, I’ve got a folder on my computer called "compost" and I put these sounds in there for future use, and every time I audition one if these sounds, I haven’t a clue how I got it! ir what I used, all I know is that my music is benefiting, it’s still interesting to me, that’s the main thing.
The MG is no different to my modular, in concept, regarding repeatability, or predictability, and I never really know what I’m doing with my modular, it leads me, I don’t lead it.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Arpangel wrote:But that’s OK, I’m liking it,

And thus the circle is complete. :beamup:
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24610 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Arpangel »

blinddrew wrote:
Arpangel wrote:But that’s OK, I’m liking it,

And thus the circle is complete. :beamup:

I’m not sure again.
It’s on Readers Ads, if it sells then I’m not meant to have it, if it doesn’t, I’ll keep it.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster