The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Post by DGL. »

Arpangel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:52 am

Im beginning to wonder about you DGL, have you put spyware on my tablet? :D
Just yesterday, I was looking at available Bode shifters, very few, and very expensive, then I thought "I wonder if Behringer has one in their Moog range?" And then I find this.
Yet again, sold.

:beamup:

Well if you don't want me to tell everyone about those naughty websites you have been visiting...

Who would have thought, though, when Behringer went into synths they would be probably the largest manufacturer of them within a few years. I count 22 products if you count the 2500/100/Moog modules as one range, including all the colour options and different modules Thomann has 105 Behringer synth products, looking also in the Thomann synth category for what is sold by the big three, Behringer has more synth products than all of them combined!
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1950 Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 am Location: Portland, Dorset

Post by Arpangel »

DGL. wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 am

Just yesterday, I was looking at available Bode shifters, very few, and very expensive, then I thought "I wonder if Behringer has one in their Moog range?" And then I find this.
Yet again, sold.

Well if you don't want me to tell everyone about those naughty websites you have been visiting...

Who would have thought, though, when Behringer went into synths they would be probably the largest manufacturer of them within a few years. I count 22 products if you count the 2500/100/Moog modules as one range, including all the colour options and different modules Thomann has 105 Behringer synth products, looking also in the Thomann synth category for what is sold by the big three, Behringer has more synth products than all of them combined!

Naughty websites? like Modular Grid.

:):geek:
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by DGL. »

Arpangel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:48 pm
DGL. wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 am

Yet again, sold.

Naughty websites? like Modular Grid.

:):geek:

Well if you have another half most probably :lol:

"YOU SPENT HOW MUCH!?!? ON THAT PIDDLY THING! AND YOU WANT MORE?!?!?"
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Post by Arpangel »

DGL. wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:41 pm
Well if you have another half most probably :lol:

"YOU SPENT HOW MUCH!?!? ON THAT PIDDLY THING! AND YOU WANT MORE?!?!?"

I have more Behringer modules being delivered today, and tomorrow, it’s got to the point now where I need yet another case, which will take me up to 21U of 84HP.
My partner doesn’t really mind, we joke about it, but maybe I tell the odd white lie about what’s inside boxes.
But musically, it’s great, it’s all working out well, it’s a much more successful incarnation than my previous excursion into modular, I’m more experienced now, regarding the realities of what certain modules can do for me, and the more the merrier, for the music I’m making now, it’s like having my own Amazonian rain forest in a box, or a humongous refinery or steel plant, regarding sounds that I make with it, beauty and the beast, a great contrast.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by t-sun »

I've noticed that none of the american stores have the RD-9 in stock and don't seem to have any idea when it will come in (only estimate I've seen is actually for next January, from the UK based gear4music). Seems like the claim that it was shipping was premature, anyone have any insight as to the cause of the delay? I'm wondering if it's more a lack of shipping availability or if it's materials/chip production related.

I've been hemming and hawing over a Modal Skulpt SE but didn't want to spend the money if the RD-9 finally comes into stock and then sells out immediately. Sweetwater will set one aside for me but they say they have no idea what the cause of the delay is and can't give any timeframe.
t-sun
Regular

Post by Eddy Deegan »

t-sun wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:50 am I've been hemming and hawing over a Modal Skulpt SE but didn't want to spend the money if the RD-9 finally comes into stock ...

I'd ask yourself what it is you actually want do to with whatever you end up buying.

If only a 909 will do then definitely fill your boots, pre-order one and wait for it. I've done exactly that for a number of synths I know I wanted over the years.

If there are other solutions that could meet the requirement and are more immediately obtainable then I'd go with them in a heartbeat.

When all is said and done if you have a need (and the budget) then fill it with the first acceptable offering you encounter that can meet the requirements.

The driver is the musical need, not a particular vendor.

Gearlust, on the other hand, is a particularly personal perspective and a quest with which no external counsel can assist with in any meaningful sense :)
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8736 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by Eddy Deegan »

It looks as if Auratone has successfully held off an attempt by Behringer to take ownership of their trademark in the US:

https://cdm.link/2021/07/family-owned-a ... nger-case/
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8736 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by Ben Asaro »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:15 pm It looks as if Auratone has successfully held off an attempt by Behringer to take ownership of their trademark in the US:

https://cdm.link/2021/07/family-owned-a ... nger-case/

Sigh. Everything I learn about Behringer just fills me with more disdain for them.
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2357 Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am Location: NYC

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:15 pm It looks as if Auratone has successfully held off an attempt by Behringer to take ownership of their trademark in the US:

That's a pleasing turn-up. :clap:
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38835 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by t-sun »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:07 am
t-sun wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:50 am I've been hemming and hawing over a Modal Skulpt SE but didn't want to spend the money if the RD-9 finally comes into stock ...

Gearlust, on the other hand, is a particularly personal perspective and a quest with which no external counsel can assist with in any meaningful sense :)

That would rather be the point. :D

Sweetwater is the exclusive vendor in the US and they aren't even accepting pre-orders at this point (keeping customers on an unofficial list, dropping an email now and then with updates even if there's no news). I'd just noticed that the gear4music UK site seemed to have reviews from buyers, although they may have been beta testers, and wondered if there was any more info out there.

I went ahead and ordered the Skulpt SE for the time being, been meaning to pick one up. Great sounding little thing.
t-sun
Regular

Post by DGL. »

Behringer FB wrote:the space journey has started

DGL.
Frequent Poster

Post by BJG145 »

As Behringer's official rep here at SOS can you clarify that? :D
BJG145