EV RE3 Microphone Opinions

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Moderator: Moderators

EV RE3 Microphone Opinions

Post by gorkymate »

Hi..
Can anybody tell me if they used or tryout EV RE3 microphones? I plan to buy 2 pc's and wanna hear feedback..
gorkymate

Re: EV RE3 Microphone Opinions

Post by AlecSp »

Bit of a pointless question, I'm afraid, without knowing what you want to use them for.

Also, especially for wireless kit, it's helpful to know what country you're based in.
AlecSp
Frequent Poster
Posts: 673 Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:00 am Location: Herts, UK

Post by forumuser840717 »

gorkymate wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:01 am I plan to buy 2 pc's and wanna hear feedback..

Set your EQ flat and point them at the front of a speaker that they're feeding. That should do it. :beamup:
forumuser840717
Regular

Post by dickiefunk »

I have the RE3-ND76 set and like it. I used to have a Sennheiser XSW65 which was ok but the signal range wasn’t great. I had a few drop outs when using 3+ wireless systems. There were a few artefacts to the sound as well which the wired e865 doesn’t have.
The RE3 has much better signal range and I haven’t had a single dropout despite using multiple wireless systems at fairly large outdoor events. Also, the build quality is far superior to the Sennheiser! My only complaint is the ND76 capsule. I find it extremely bright and it can enhance sibilance. I am planning to change this capsule for either the ND96 or RE520 capsule at some point.
dickiefunk
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2027 Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:00 am Location: Cornwall, UK