Synth Repair

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Synth Repair

Post by DavieB »

Can anyone recommend a synth repair guy please?

http://www.synthrepairservices.com/contactus/
I tried James Walker at the above link but the phone is not recognized...
DavieB
Poster

Re: Synth Repair

Post by Fishnish »

I've used Glasgow Studio Electronics a couple of times (not for synths per se ,but for a modelling amp and some outboard). They did a decent job.
https://glse.co.uk/#top
Fishnish
Regular

Post by nathanscribe »

James Walker works for Soundgas these days, fixing their big guns. Don't think he takes on independent repairs any longer.

What's the synth/problem?

(disclaimer: I do fix synths for a living but I don't want to appear rude by recommending myself :D )
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1482 Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:00 am Location: Wakefield, for my sins.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Post by DavieB »

nathanscribe wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:37 am James Walker works for Soundgas these days, fixing their big guns. Don't think he takes on independent repairs any longer.

What's the synth/problem?

(disclaimer: I do fix synths for a living but I don't want to appear rude by recommending myself :D )

That sounds promising. Do you have a website?
DavieB
Poster

Post by nathanscribe »

DavieB wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:05 amThat sounds promising. Do you have a website?

Not yet, I was 'encouraged' to make this full time after redundancy from the day job this summer. Still lots to sort out. It's been a side line for a while though. Feel free to drop me a PM.
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster

Post by BillB »

Hey Nathan, I didn't know about this. Sorry to hear about the loss of the day job but hope you can get yourself set up - I expect there is a big pent-up demand.
BillB
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1903 Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:00 am Location: East Yorkshire

Post by nathanscribe »

BillB wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:16 pm Hey Nathan, I didn't know about this. Sorry to hear about the loss of the day job but hope you can get yourself set up - I expect there is a big pent-up demand.

Thanks Bill – it's surprising how these things come out of the woodwork! Already got a small backlog and as it's been a sideline for a while I have regular clients, so even though it's early days for the full-fat version, I'm doing OK. And the day job was doing my head no favours, so I don't miss it. Hopefully now I'll also get time to make something saleable from the modular (which btw is now 2 full cabinets... plus a list of ideas I've not had time to build yet)!
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster

Post by Folderol »

Some times life is like that. Life gives you lemons, then you discover there's a market for lemonade :thumbup:
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18059 Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 am Location: The Mudway Towns, UK
Yes. I am that Linux nut {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Post by BJG145 »

nathanscribe wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:37 amI do fix synths for a living but I don't want to appear rude by recommending myself :D

That's very interesting to know, I expect I'll be getting in touch at some point. :thumbup:
BJG145
Jedi Poster