Rycote Modular Nano Windshield

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Rycote Modular Nano Windshield

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Rycote has always been a pioneering and innovative company in the design of advanced shock-mount and windshielding systems for professional location sound recordists.

Its latest development is the modular Nano Shield kit which is a ground-up design that substantially improves on myriad technical and practical areas of previous designs.

Its predecessors were remarkably good, so the all-new design is a stunningly well thought-out but of kit that genuinely makes the lives of working sound recordists even easier and provides better results than ever before.

To illustrate just how much thought and effort goes into perfecting a design like this, my friends and colleagues Simon Clark and Simon Bishop -- both professional TV and film sound recordists -- of the Institute of Professional Sound (IPS) set up a Zoom discussion with Rycote's Chief Technology Officer Timo Klinge.

The video is long (nearly 50 minutes) but it will be fascinating for anyone with an interest in how this kind of gear is designed, how it works, and why it all matters so much to working audio professionals.

https://ips.org.uk/videos/

Enjoy.
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38835 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Re: Rycote Modular Nano Windshield

Post by Arpangel »

Is this capable of taking stereo mic’s Hugh? M&S?
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Re: Rycote Modular Nano Windshield

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Check out the website...
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 38835 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual...