Report your known delays

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Report your known delays

Post by t-sun »

Hey all, rather than talk about it across multiple threads I thought it might be a good idea to correlate our respective shipping delays given how backed up the system is.

From what I understand right now, definitely subject to change as is anything posted here:

dreadbox nymphes: maybe january due to components? or shipping.
hydrasynth explorer: still hoping for the end of 11/21, but who knows?
behringer RD-9: supposed to be delivered back in march 2020.
several other behringer announced products: they have me on a list for gear that may never exist. i am terrible.
t-sun
Regular

Re: Report your known delays

Post by BigRedX »

As I've said in other threads, I've given up on pre-release announcements, limited editions and other hype for musical equipment that ordinary people can't actually buy right now.

If I can't either go to my local musical instrument retailer, pay and take it home with me, or order on-line knowing that will will be on its way to me the following day at the latest, then AFAIAC the equipment simply does not exist.

It doesn't matter what fantastic features it has, or how faithful a reproduction of some "classic" piece of gear it is, if it's not actually available, I'm simply not interested and I'll make do with something that is.
BigRedX
Frequent Poster (Level2)
RockinRollin' VampireMan

Post by N i g e l »

Gibson Steinberger Spirit Guitar [white] in UK

this was on about 3 months back order/delivery last Feb, so I let it slide.
Checked again in the summer & had it delivered in a week [from Andertons]

Checking just now its 3 months delivery [and no white option]

Thomann - "In stock within 6-8 weeks"
{probably true but you might not be high enough up the queue to get part of that allocation}

Gear4Music - get it in 2 days !

moral: - patience, shop around, bury yourself in what you got until 2023 !
N i g e l
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3663 Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm Location: British Isles

Post by t-sun »

ASM Hydrasynth Explorer - late Jan 2022 - sad trombone
Dreadbox Nymphes - December??
Behringer RD-9 - lol. lol.

I'm going to mark this now: Roland JD-08 and JX-08 scheduled for late Jan. Everything I've pre-ordered is scheduled for "late January" which is apparently the maker's way of marking it far enough off to change it but not far enough to discourage buyers. I wonder what effect sitting in a container on a ship off the coast near Long Beach has on circuits and chips.
t-sun
Regular

Post by Arpangel »

t-sun wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:35 am ASM Hydrasynth Explorer - late Jan 2022 - sad trombone

I'm going to mark this now: Roland JD-08 and JX-08 scheduled for late Jan. Everything I've pre-ordered is scheduled for "late January" which is apparently the maker's way of marking it far enough off to change it but not far enough to discourage buyers. I wonder what effect sitting in a container on a ship off the coast near Long Beach has on circuits and chips.

I’m very tempted by that JD-08, but all I have to do is want something, and it becomes as rare and difficult to get as the proverbial.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by t-sun »

Arpangel wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:07 am
t-sun wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:35 am ASM Hydrasynth Explorer - late Jan 2022 - sad trombone

I’m very tempted by that JD-08, but all I have to do is want something, and it becomes as rare and difficult to get as the proverbial.

The D-05 is going for $200 to 300 more than it originally sold for on the used market now. It's actually cheaper to buy a D-550. Wish I'd gotten one when it was available because I don't think they're going to do another edition of it.

The JD-08 and JX-08 are on my must-buy list in part because of the seq/arpeg trigger input. Depending on which comes out first I might ditch the Nymphes.
t-sun
Regular

Post by Arpangel »

t-sun wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:15 am
The D-05 is going for $200 to 300 more than it originally sold for on the used market now. It's actually cheaper to buy a D-550. Wish I'd gotten one when it was available because I don't think they're going to do another edition of it.

The JD-08 and JX-08 are on my must-buy list in part because of the seq/arpeg trigger input. Depending on which comes out first I might ditch the Nymphes.

That’s amazing :shocked::shocked::shocked:
I was only just thinking of getting a D-05 :(:(:(
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Guest »

Success in life: Looking unlikely anytime soon.

Post by Eddy Deegan »

Kurzweil K2700.

I pre-ordered one in early July and it was originally supposed to be available in early September. It then got shifted to mid November but the latest now is mid January 2022.

It'll be worth the wait though IMHO.
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8736 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by Drew Stephenson »

I've got four things on my long-term buy list. It's a good thing that it's a long-term list as none of them is showing as available before March.
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24450 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by Arpangel »

My Behringer 2600 should have arrived yesterday, it’s delayed in the system :(
All I’ve got on my tracker is "advised" I hope this doesn’t turn out to be weeks, if so I’m asking for a refund.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by hogberto »

Andertons (UK) had the Korg ARP2600 M as due in stock on 31st December 2021, though going by accounts from elsewhere that was never going to be realistic.

They now have it down for March 2022.

I'm assuming summer 2022. :boring:
hogberto
Regular
Posts: 98 Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:00 am Location: scotland