Modules you’d never buy.

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Modules you’d never buy.

Post by Arpangel »

Modular folks, another strange thing, modules I swore I would never buy, either because they were cliched, or simply just too trendy, and common, I went against that view recently, and bought a Woggle Bug.
I’m a "If you can’t do it with Doepfer then don’t bother" type of guy, but I have to admit, having one module that just does it, without having to patch up loads of modules to do the same thing is much more convenient.
All I can say is that I wished I had bought the Bug ages ago, but I’ve always been wary of modules that have fancy artwork and convoluted names, the basimilusivartivus stratosaris omnivore or whatever, decorated with runic symbols.
I admit, I do like the look of Snazzy FX modules, but their uses have always dumbfounded me, I can never hear what they are about at all, no doubt one of those may end up hear at some point, just to prove me wrong again.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Re: Modules you’d never buy.

Post by RichardT »

I think modularity is a thing that once you start it’s hard to stop. So I’ve decided never to start. Although I’m sure it would be a lot of fun!
RichardT
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4076 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

Re: Modules you’d never buy.

Post by Arpangel »

RichardT wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:16 pm I think modularity is a thing that once you start it’s hard to stop. So I’ve decided never to start. Although I’m sure it would be a lot of fun!

It’s fun trying to have fun! :)
The only reason I still have mine, is that I can’t seem to get similar results out of anything else, so I tend to stick with it.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster