What are you using your Atari for?

For all other computers and operating systems, including Atari, Linux and mobile apps.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What are you using your Atari for?

Post by The real musiclover »

Hello.

An Atari is more computing than they had on the moon missions, is it not? If you believe they put a man on the moon. (maaan on the moon)

Y'know? I just remembererd i have an Atari, 2 in fact, except one is a 2600. :D The other a 1040.
It has midi, THE thing that got us on 'em way back when, and the timng is great. I never really used it much, and have no need of it's sequencing these days.

Rather than take this nostalgic thread off topic i made a post regarding my Atari use question.
The real musiclover
Regular

Post by David Etheridge »

Yes, naturally the Atari postdates Moon landings. According to Tim Conrardy at Tim's Atari MIDIworld, they've been using it more recently, at a guess for Shuttle simulations.
Can you imagine Microtwit stuff working at several G force? :roll:
This program-this program :headbang: has performed-performed :headbang::headbang: an illegal operation and will be-won't be :headbang: shut down. We are the Borg-resistance is futile :headbang::tongue:
You see what I mean? :D

Dave :beamup:

Live long and prosper.
David Etheridge
Regular
Ataris which keep on going, 28 hardware synths. Still recording to tape.

Post by The real musiclover »

Been some assimilation attempts, but rotating the phasers harmonics seems to work, the shields are at 90%, but one or two bull filters need a tweak!

I discovered a replay 16 sampling cartridge, with no instructions? Shouldn't be too hard to suss out if i get it, should it?
The real musiclover
Regular

Post by David Etheridge »

Hi RML,
yes, why not? it shouldn't be too hard to figure out-it's not brain surgery!
Have a word with Barrie and he might be able to supply some documentation.
Incidentally, have a butchers at the 'Atari as synth' posting; there's some good news for you :bouncy:

Dave.
David Etheridge
Regular
Ataris which keep on going, 28 hardware synths. Still recording to tape.

Post by Neo-Classical Guitar Man »

The real musiclover wrote:

I've discovered a Replay 16 sampling cartridge with no instructions? Shouldn't be too hard to suss out if I get it, should it?

Yeah I have been after a Replay 16 for around five years now.

NCGM :)
Neo-Classical Guitar Man
Regular
Posts: 144 Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2001 12:00 am Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
Footloose and fancy free...gizz a job!

Post by Pabs »

Neo-Classical Guitar Man wrote:

Have you ever been to one of those Atari shows they often have? I went to one many years ago at the Four Pillars Hotel in Osterley. "Goodmans Atari Show" i think it was called. Im sure you might be able to track Replay 16 down at one of those shows.

Pabs
Pabs
Regular

Post by coool »

there is a couple on ebay for about a fiver at the moment, they are excellent .. i used to make tons of music in the early 90's with one of them. try and get 'breakthrough' by the same people as sequencer one to use with it. it wont work with most of the decent sequencers because it plugs into the cartridge port where the dongles go

cheers
grainger
coool
Poster

Post by Tim. »

Neo-Classical Guitar Man wrote:
The real musiclover wrote:

I've discovered a Replay 16 sampling cartridge with no instructions? Shouldn't be too hard to suss out if I get it, should it?

As can be seen from my February post up there ^, I said pm or email me if my Replay cartridge and floppy were of interest to you.

It appeared they were ‘cos back then we exchanged PMs and I offered to pop the items in the post… but you never gave me your snail mail address. :?:?:?

Tim ;o)
Tim.
Regular

Post by Neo-Classical Guitar Man »

Hi Tim,

I just had another quick read of your PM message and errr....I think I should pay more attention! :headbang::beamup:

Well your offer is very kind one and I would like to give your Replay 16 a new home, so check your PM's again.

Neo-Classical Guitar Man
Regular
Posts: 144 Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2001 12:00 am Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
Footloose and fancy free...gizz a job!

Post by robegian »

I still use my Atari Mega STE for editing some MIDI gear (namely, Korg Wavestation A/D, Yamaha TG77, Roland D-50) through Steinberg Synthworks software. I find the Synthworks series the most productive tool for sculpting up new sounds and for managing effectively those synths - even better than SoundDiver and Galaxy Plus, which I use too.

I used the Atari with Cubase 2 and 3 before switching to Mac and Cubase 4 - and by the way, I completed the Cubase path through VST 5/32, SX, SX2 and SX3... but recently I switched to Logic Pro :-)
robegian
Posts: 1 Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:00 am Location: Trieste, Italy
Roberto Giannotta
www.musimac.it

Post by bigdaddywagon »

I thought I was the only one until I arrived here! :angel:
I have 2 Atari 1040 ST units with original monitors. They have been in my home since 1989.
I am having a ball with Passport Master Tracks Pro. This is the sequencer I learned on and still rocks.
I transfer the tracks from my keyboards to the 1040 and clean up the data in Master Tracks.
Very easy to use and it doesn't ever crash! :headbang:

Have a wonderful evening!
Russ
bigdaddywagon

Post by jacob_L »

basically i use the atari only for midi...triggering hardware like drummachines,synths and samplers.
i have had my atari for about 14years now and still think its the tightest machine ever to trigger hardware.(i love it!!!)
i began using it when i was 14 and it still works great!
Atari MegaSTE 4MB,ext. HD,Cubase 2-3.1 + Score,Notator 3.21,Logic2.0,LOG3
i´m ashamed to say i lent it to someone for a while ....i was so happy to get it back lately.:)
now i´m trying to synchronize it with my mac (logic7) via smpte.so i could use the atari for the midistuff and use audio with the mac.
if anyone has done that before i´d appreciate help.

CHeers!
jacob_L