Equator Audio D5 right monitor dead.

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Moderator: Moderators

Equator Audio D5 right monitor dead.

Post by platinumpython »

Bought my monitors in '15. Just like any other day I was playing music, I went into another room, next thing I know my house invertor shuts off, followed by no electricity. After fixing that, I go towards my Monitors, switch them on, turns out my right monitor's not working anymore (no LED, no sound.) I've tried different power adapter, different sockets. No result at all. Can I get some advice or some tutorial? Thank you.
platinumpython

Re: Equator Audio D5 right monitor dead.

Post by Drew Stephenson »

I assume you've swapped the power leads / replaced the fuse in the plug as well?
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24626 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by platinumpython »

Thank you for replying. I wanted to know where the fuse's located at on the monitors.
platinumpython

Post by ef37a »

Clarify "Power Adaptor"?

The most obvious and first test I would have done is swap it for the left monitor.

Where in the world are you?

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16535 Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am Location: northampton uk

Post by platinumpython »

Power adapter meaning the cable required to turn on the monitor. India. I couldn't locate the fuse inside the monitor.
platinumpython

Post by J Mage »

Did you ever fix this? Had the exact same issue, after a power outage in the house.
J Mage

Post by Wonks »

As the OP hasn’t been back here since posting in 2018, it’s very unlikely you’ll get a reply from them.

How old are they and are they still under any warranty? If not, you could have a go at opening it up and seeing if there is anything obvious like a blown fuse.

Also double check it is the monitor at fault by first swapping power leads around, and then the signal leads.

You could try contacting Equator directly and seeing what they say, but they will probably direct you to an authorised repair centre, where it could cost you most of the cost of a new monitor for it to be repaired (they seem to have come down in price considerably since new).
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17020 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.