Aria Sinsonido preamp repair

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Aria Sinsonido preamp repair

Post by Folderol »

Dr R wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:21 am Hi Matthovani_music,

This is a ridiculously late reply to your post, but there's an off-chance you may read it and it may help.

Try the forums at Basschat.co.uk. There is a huge amount of tech knowledge there, and while I doubt many have seen a Sinsonido (other than a few who have played mine at a meet-up), there will be lots of knowledge on piezo pickups. I am more active there than here in the last couple of years, so if you do wander over I'll say hello.

Rich.

How are you getting on with that these days?
Getting enough practice to improve?
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18215 Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 am Location: The Mudway Towns, UK
Yes. I am that Linux nut {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Post by jonrom66 »

A quick unrelated question. Seeing that the battery life of this pre amp is very short, what is the best way of conserving battery life? Disattach battery everytime after use? Or simply take away the ear plug jack after every use? Thanks
jonrom66

Post by Wonks »

Plugging in a headphone jack or output jack into the socket should switch the power, so removing the headphone jack plug should switch the power off.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17020 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by Dr R »

Er, hello again! Yes it has been a very, very, very, long time since I was active on SOS.

The reason for posting is that this thread popped up as a reference on BassChat (where I do hang out a bit more).
https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/475832 ... 1519_menu . Good to see the SOS forums are still a go-to resource for things.

I stood back from FOH and recording, which is why I’m not here often. I do read the magazine occasionally though (proper print version if Smith's has it).
In answer to Folderol's question from a year ago, I practiced a lot and now play competently in church, pretty much exclusively on 5 string. I don't practice as much as I need to though, so I'm not where I want to be.

The Aria still gets played by my friend, though not often these days as he bought a lovely Ibanez.

Hope everyone here is keeping well.

Rich
Dr R
Regular
Posts: 280 Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:00 am Location: Solihull, West Midlands, UK
My ambition: To one day have enough experience to answer technical questions on the SOS forums, as well as asking them 

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

Thanks for the update. Glad things are going well. :-D
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 39026 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual...