The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Post by The Elf »

The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19940 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by The Elf »

Roland have had more than long enough to satisfy the demand for this one, yet have chosen to not only ignore it, but even belittle the idea as 'chasing ghosts'.

This is one I can definitely get behind.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Post by Eddy Deegan »

BJG145 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:52 pm As Behringer's official rep here at SOS can you clarify that? :D

Jupiter ;)
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8737 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by DGL. »

And I though it would be wrong of me not to post this but Behringer seem to be on a roll... Looks like Dave's got some competition ;)

Behringer FB wrote:Prototype completed. Firmware development in full force.

It appears to be a 16 voice Prophet 5 clone, guess it will be a fair bit cheaper than even the 5 voice DSI/Sequential Rev 4., wonder which revision it will clone or if it will be switchable?
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1950 Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 am Location: Portland, Dorset

Post by Arpangel »

DGL. wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:47 pm And I though it would be wrong of me not to post this but Behringer seem to be on a roll... Looks like Dave's got some competition ;)

Behringer FB wrote:Prototype completed. Firmware development in full force.

It appears to be a 16 voice Prophet 5 clone, guess it will be a fair bit cheaper than even the 5 voice DSI/Sequential Rev 4., wonder which revision it will clone or if it will be switchable?

OK, I’m going to be severely challenged in the smuggling department soon, a VCS3, now this Prophet, my partner keeps wondering why my friend is loaning me so many keyboards.
My modular, thanks to Behringer, is growing like our garden in summer, it’s getting difficult passing modules off as "been in storage" where? she keeps saying.

:)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by The Elf »

But it's not an original, and you have told us many times that you won't buy anything but the original of so much gear - why is this one different? (Let's save you some money) ;)
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Post by Arpangel »

The Elf wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:43 am But it's not an original, and you have told us many times that you won't buy anything but the original of so much gear - why is this one different? (Let's save you some money) ;)

Elf, I have the Reissue Pro 5, but this is sixteen voices, and that’s more, so it’s better obviously :)
I’m going to get the Berry, just out of curiosity, if it’s that good, I may sell the Reissue, in fact, that can be my excuse from now on "out of curiosity"

:D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Guest »

I really hope Focusrite fight this one.

Post by Dan LB »

[ACCOUNT DELETED] wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:58 pm I really hope Focusrite fight this one.

Me too. Despicable business practices IMHO.
Dan LB
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1668 Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:00 am Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Post by t-sun »

Because it looks very similar? Fender lost that battle decades ago.
t-sun
Regular

Post by Dan LB »

t-sun wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:46 pm Because it looks very similar?

Pretty much, yeah. Why not at least come up with your own styling if you’re going to build something ‘inspired’ by someone else’s idea? The Prophet 5 and 10 are current products available to buy new today from the original manufacturer.

B……. have some talented people working for them. Surely they could cobble together a different external design. They choose not to though because they know they’ll make money based on the fact that their synth looks like the original. All of the marketing has been done for them already.

Having said all that, this sort of practise happens in lots of industries so it’s not just B……..

I sometimes wonder if it’s any different to plugin developers using the same graphics as the gear they are emulating.

Dan
Dan LB
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1668 Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:00 am Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Post by DGL. »

Some extra info from FB about the Pro-16, circuitry of all 3 revisions inside!
Behringer FB wrote:For all of you who are technically interested, you can easily witness the incredible complexity of the PRO-16. This synth uses over 6,000 components! Not only did we employ the original circuitries of all 3 revisions, we also added many features such as 16 voices, multi-timbrality, LCD display and a lot more. We started the ideation of this project around 5 years ago and it has since grown into an incredibly powerful flagship synth.
We still need many more month to finalize the firmware, but we’re confident that it’ll be much faster than the UB-Xa.
We’re hopeful to share some sounds with you in the near future.
Are you as excited as we are?

DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1950 Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 am Location: Portland, Dorset