The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The All-New Behringer Keyboards 'n' Stuff Thread

Post by Wonks »

Arpangel wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:40 pm All of the propositions by Behringer on this forum lately, have been like me walking into a pub and offering to buy everyone a drink, with an empty wallet.

That's just you going into a pub then. ;)
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17020 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by Arpangel »

Wonks wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:32 am
Arpangel wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:40 pm All of the propositions by Behringer on this forum lately, have been like me walking into a pub and offering to buy everyone a drink, with an empty wallet.

That's just you going into a pub then. ;)

Did you hear the one about me walking into a pub?

:)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by YashN »

Eddy Deegan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:45 pm I'm still not going to buy one for reasons I've written about before and won't regurgitate but in fairness when it comes to the sound it would seem that the Andertons video was all but certainly the problem in this case.

I'd have no problem buying one myself. My Behringer count is 1 for now (got the RD-8!), but this sure will grow.

Saw the Andertons video last night, and yes, there's definitely a big mess-up somewhere at Andertons. It's quite telling that the people commenting actually jumped to the belief it's the hardware which has a problem ('bad clone!', etc...). It is quite incredible that those people at Andertons didn't even notice anything wrong in their setup and still made the video and published it as is. Even more incredible: these people want to sell you synths!
YashN
Poster
Posts: 62 Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:56 pm Location: North America

Post by Arpangel »

YashN wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:00 pm
Eddy Deegan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:45 pm I'm still not going to buy one for reasons I've written about before and won't regurgitate but in fairness when it comes to the sound it would seem that the Andertons video was all but certainly the problem in this case.

I'd have no problem buying one myself. My Behringer count is 1 for now (got the RD-8!), but this sure will grow.

Saw the Andertons video last night, and yes, there's definitely a big mess-up somewhere at Andertons. It's quite telling that the people commenting actually jumped to the belief it's the hardware which has a problem ('bad clone!', etc...). It is quite incredible that those people at Andertons didn't even notice anything wrong in their setup and still made the video and published it as is. Even more incredible: these people want to sell you synths!

I'm having trouble, writing a balanced reply, music shops have one purpose, to sell gear, no different to clothes shops, food shops, or any other shop, that’s their primary function, to sell, if they don’t, they go out of business.
Some are more conscientious than others, some feel like they genuinely care about what you need, and have an interest in what they are selling, some are way down that scale.
Would I buy a used car from any of those people at Andertons?

:shocked:
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by Hugh Robjohns »

They don't sell used cars...

It was a cockup, and in an ideal world it should have been spotted and dealt with promptly.

But cockups happen to all of us from time to time. What's that old adage about stones and glasshouses? :think::lol:
Hugh Robjohns
Posts: 39004 Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:00 am Location: Worcestershire, UK
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound...
(But generally posting my own personal views and not necessarily those of SOS, the company or the magazine!)
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Post by adrian_k »

Hugh Robjohns wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:48 am They don't sell used cars...

It was a cockup, and in an ideal world it should have been spotted and dealt with promptly.

But cockups happen to all of us from time to time. What's that old adage about stones and glasshouses? :think::lol:

On that basis Hugh I shouldn’t really criticise our current government, but somehow ….

Anyway back to the thread, yes the video is a cockup but in the interests of balance I have to say I’ve always found Andertons extremely helpful both online and IRL since I bought my first pair of monitors there about 20 years ago.
adrian_k
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2657 Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:00 am Location: Gloucestershire
Above all, be kind.

Post by Jumpeyspyder »

Glad I listened to the 'synth king' demo! :clap:
Was so disappointed earlier in the week with the Andertons unveiling - just didn't sound like an oberheim!
Jumpeyspyder
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1236 Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:00 am Location: Yorkshire

Post by YashN »

Arpangel wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:26 am I'm having trouble,
:shocked:

You have trouble with lots of things. I find your posts nonsensical. Stop quoting me with them.
YashN
Poster

Post by YashN »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vilbNl8Pk9w

That's their 'Full Overview' of the K2700. One of the most advanced and powerful synths ever to be put under the hands of Man. Where's the V.A.S.T. editing/programming? Where's the KDFX Section (more powerful than even their flagship KSP8 rack multi-effects) editing and programming?

I wouldn't trust them at all (I'm not in the UK so I'm not directly affected).
YashN
Poster

Post by Arpangel »

Yet another case of one of my posts being taken so literally.

;)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by ken long »

The Elf wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:40 pm
DGL. wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:24 pmAnd going by a comment form Behringer on FB the Bi-Phase is still going to be properly released but under the name Dual Phase instead.

Had the Bi-Phase (it's definitely called that!) here for a few days. It's OK. No more, no less.

I A-B-ed it with the bi-phase in my Helix. Close enough for rock'n'roll, I'd say. Makes me wonder how either would hold up against the original, but my curiosity is sated.

Yes, like the MS-101 was re-branded. There's a few bi-phase badged units out there like the ones Bax was selling.

At that price, "close enough for rock n roll" will satiate many appetites.
ken long
Frequent Poster
Posts: 3513 Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:00 am Location: Somers Town
I'm All Ears.

Post by t-sun »

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2022/05/beh ... itakt.html

LM drum prototype photos have a digitakt display? No idea what to make of that.
t-sun
Regular

Post by Drew Stephenson »

Come on Behringer, where's your BCR32?
My BCR2000 is getting increasingly sketchy. :(
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24607 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by MarkOne »

t-sun wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:39 amhttps://www.matrixsynth.com/2022/05/beh ... itakt.html

Photoshop hard at work?
MarkOne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2741 Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am Location: Bristol, England, Earth, Perseus Gap, Milky Way
My Music on Apple Music
My Music on Spotify

Post by DGL. »

MarkOne wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:03 am
t-sun wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:39 amhttps://www.matrixsynth.com/2022/05/beh ... itakt.html

Photoshop hard at work?

As I understand from GS the UI designer is a contractor who has previously done UI design for Elektron.
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1962 Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 am Location: Portland, Dorset

Post by Arpangel »

Where’s my VCS3?
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by t-sun »

DGL. wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:43 am
MarkOne wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:03 am

Photoshop hard at work?

As I understand from GS the UI designer is a contractor who has previously done UI design for Elektron.

Well, the functionality matches up so I guess it’s fine to reuse it depending on the contract the contractor had with elektron.
t-sun
Regular

Post by DGL. »

New video from Synth King on the UB-Xa, primarily to show off what he calls the "excellent keybed and polyphonic aftertouch" rather than the raw sound.

Synth King/Bernd wrote:This little piece of music showcases the superb keybed of the UB-Xa. It provides velocity sensivity and polyphonic aftertouch enabling you to play your music with extraordinary expressivity. In this split performance filter frequency, volume, LFO speed and intensity of the upper preset (in unison mode employing only one voice) is controlled by poly aftertouch. Moreover volume, VCF and VCA attack is also controlled by velocity.

The lower pad sound uses OB-8 “second page” functions such as LFO rate delay here controlling panorama position. Furthermore LFO rate is influenced by poly aftertouch as well.

This music genre beggs for delay and reverb. I´ve used two Lexicon PCM 70 connected to my main mixing desk as send effects . Everything is played life and recorded in one take without any edits or further audio processing.
Enjoy the music!
Bernd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm-v_ls-5So
DGL.
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1962 Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 am Location: Portland, Dorset

Post by Martin Walker »

DGL. wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:53 pm New video from Synth King on the UB-Xa, primarily to show off what he calls the "excellent keybed and polyphonic aftertouch" rather than the raw sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm-v_ls-5So

:clap::clap::clap: Now that's far more encouraging!
Martin Walker
Posts: 20634 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by The Elf »

I'm dismayed by some of the horrible stereo voice panning (looking at you, Andertons!) on these videos. Apart from that (and, thankfully, it can be disabled) - it sounds very appealing to these ears.
The Elf
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 20035 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.