SoundID Reference

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SoundID Reference

Post by Freelance Subversive »

Aled Hughes wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:20 pm You get to keep the original Reference 4 license and activations when you upgrade to SoundID, so you should be ok!

Thanks Aled, that’s a relief. Given their returns policy, the only risk is with exchange rates.
Freelance Subversive
Poster

Tomás Mulcahy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:39 pm I could not do that with my upgrade. Traded one for the other. But mine's an educational license.

Best to ask tech support about it first.

Interesting. For an individual wishing to use more than a single machine, a normal license still provides better value.

Quite right about asking support first... Mea maxima culpa!
Freelance Subversive
Poster

Post by Aled Hughes »

Freelance Subversive wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:51 am
Tomás Mulcahy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:39 pm I could not do that with my upgrade. Traded one for the other. But mine's an educational license.

Interesting. For an individual wishing to use more than a single machine, a normal license still provides better value.

You can activate a single license on 3 machines, so that may be enough for you anyway?
Aled Hughes
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1750 Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:00 am Location: Pwllheli, Cymru

Post by Tomás Mulcahy »

Freelance Subversive wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:51 am

True, I must say I am happy with the value I am getting. They're also super supportive for my Institute's licensing. Excellent service from them.
Tomás Mulcahy
Frequent Poster
Posts: 2568 Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2001 12:00 am Location: Cork, Ireland.

Aled Hughes wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:11 am You can activate a single license on 3 machines, so that may be enough for you anyway?

Quite so yes, R4 has already been exhausted: main, portable rig and wife’s laptop for her casual listening, which she’s still more than happy with. So with an additional 3 machines for SoundID, I’m nicely catered for when the portable rig is worth upgrading.
Freelance Subversive
Poster