Audiothingies Micromonsta 2

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Audiothingies Micromonsta 2

Post by The Elf »

I'm about to expand my MIDI Designer editor Layout, and I'm aware that there's a standalone and VST editor in progress, so editing may become much easier very soon.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17108 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Post by BobTheDog »

Sounds good, I have Midi Designer here so would be interested in that.

I think they did a pretty good design for editing on the box though, considering the number of knobs available!
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster
Signature block of the week.

Post by The Elf »

In case it's of use to anyone who reads this thread...

Now that the new version of MIDI Designer Pro is out in the wild I can also release an improved version of my MicroMonsta 2 Layout.

This version will accept sys-ex patch dumps from the MM2, allowing any patch to be analysed and edited.

A few things to note:
The patch name and category are for display purposes only - editing these will still have to be achieved on the MM2 itself.
Some of the controls on the Layout will not be 100% accurate to the numeric parameter value in the MM2. This is due to the MM2 and MDP not completely agreeing on the translation of MIDI values. On the whole this shouldn't be wildly inaccurate, but it is important to be aware.
Use at your own risk.

I'll host the Layout in my Dropbox for a while, but hopefully it will make its way to other respositories:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqqpux79p7d3w ... igner?dl=0
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17108 Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.