Too many pedals.

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Too many pedals.

Post by Wonks »

Sam Spoons wrote:... but may go some way to explaining why to me, a guitar player, all synths sound the same :bouncy:

Surely you can tell the difference between the synths that go 'wooooosh' and 'wheeeee' and the synths than go "beep boop beep' or 'buzz buzz buzz phut' (though the last could also be a guitar with a dodgy jack socket)?
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 17003 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.

Post by MOF »

The pedals that you do have are 'wrong'
You don't have enough guitars
The guitars that you do have lack 'mojo'
You need better cables to join your pedals together
Your amplifier is wrong
You need a new guitar but you'll also need to change the pickups (without even trying the ones that are already in it)
After a week your new guitar will be wrong for you and you'll need to sell it (to save time, place the advert to sell the guitar before the guitar arrives).

A guitarist mate of mine rejects that theory, he subscribes to “the ideal number of guitars is the number you’ve got, plus one more”, so no need to sell any, just buy one more to address the missing attributes. :lol:
MOF
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2260 Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:00 am Location: United Kingdom

Post by John Stafford »

I don't use pedals for my synths. I use my laptop. Am I dirty?
John Stafford
Regular
Posts: 156 Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:51 am Location: Ireland

Post by Music Wolf »

al_diablo wrote:I realised my pedal board is all wrong and actually what I need is a Kemper

Congratulations. You have attained a state of true enlightenment :bouncy:
Music Wolf
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2753 Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:00 am Location: Exiled to St Helens

Post by nathanscribe »

I've got a cheap 70s japanese jazz bass with a wonky neck, and a £100 strat I like to put through a Boss amp for its DI output. Perfect.

Don't get me started on flangers though. I used to have about 45 pedals and had a 75% clearout when I realised I had 8 flangers. Then I bought a few more. Back up to about 4 flangers now. That's OK, I can live with that.
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1482 Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:00 am Location: Wakefield, for my sins.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Post by Sam Spoons »

ManFromGlass wrote:Seems Mr Spoons may have gone missing. He has not been heard from since posting the phrase “all synths sound the same”
The only suspects are every synth player who follows the SOS forums!
' :shocked:

No they haven't got me yet, I did hear something that sounded suspiciously like a pitchfork rattling against the studio door but as I was playing my guitar at the time I wouldn't swear to it.

Wonks wrote:
Sam Spoons wrote:... but may go some way to explaining why to me, a guitar player, all synths sound the same :bouncy:

Surely you can tell the difference between the synths that go 'wooooosh' and 'wheeeee' and the synths than go "beep boop beep' or 'buzz buzz buzz phut' (though the last could also be a guitar with a dodgy jack socket)?

I thought they all did that... My synth certainly does all those things but, unfortunately, can't seem to do anything that even vaguely resembles 'music' (at least not when I'm driving :blush: )
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19590 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Manchester UK
People often mistake me for a grown-up because of my age.

Post by Folderol »

Sam Spoons wrote: I thought they all did that... My synth certainly does all those things but, unfortunately, can't seem to do anything that even vaguely resembles 'music' (at least not when I'm driving :blush: )

Well, that's the problem. Clearly your ho^H^H driving it wrong.
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Posts: 18065 Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 am Location: The Mudway Towns, UK
Yes. I am that Linux nut {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Post by Sam Spoons »

Folderol wrote:
Sam Spoons wrote: I thought they all did that... My synth certainly does all those things but, unfortunately, can't seem to do anything that even vaguely resembles 'music' (at least not when I'm driving :blush: )

Well, that's the problem. Clearly your ho^H^H driving it wrong.

I have to admit the thought had crossed my mind :oops:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Posts: 19590 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:00 am Location: Manchester UK
People often mistake me for a grown-up because of my age.