Mix review, your advice on my song "Illusion"

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Mix review, your advice on my song "Illusion"

Post by Drew Stephenson »

RichardT wrote:You’re very welcome to post as many versions as you want!

Yep, people won't always have time to listen, but things posted in good faith will always be welcome. I've had enormous amounts of help from the people on this forum by doing that. We don't tend to have much patience for spammers but where someone's clearly working through a problem or developing a song you'll generally find plenty of help. :thumbup:
Drew Stephenson
Forum Aficionado
Posts: 24573 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Post by worshiptuned »

blinddrew wrote:
RichardT wrote:You’re very welcome to post as many versions as you want!

Yep, people won't always have time to listen, but things posted in good faith will always be welcome. I've had enormous amounts of help from the people on this forum by doing that. We don't tend to have much patience for spammers but where someone's clearly working through a problem or developing a song you'll generally find plenty of help. :thumbup:

Thank you guys, I got it!!! I will definitely take advantage!!! :thumbup:
worshiptuned
Regular

Post by worshiptuned »

RichardT wrote:
Hi Worshiptuned,

I wouldn’t have commented like that unless I thought the track was worth it. I really think it’s good and all those things can probably be fixed quite easily as long as the basic recordings are reasonable.

I was probably a bit more blunt than I should have been. I feel the same way about my own tracks sometimes!

I think if you move some instruments further out towards the sides to create more spatial separation it will start to increase the clarity in itself. And maybe create a bit more separation between the vocal tracks.

I’m wondering if you might benefit from adding in some sampled drums too...

thanks for the encouragement, these are already sampled drums...a kit of Groove Agent, it sounded nicely. I was probably able to badly EQ it and make it lifeless :D
worshiptuned
Regular

Post by worshiptuned »

Hello!!!

It's been a while since I started this post. I'm back in my studio and have been able to work on a remix.
I took your advice and added some high frequencies, revised the levels and tried to improve the bass.
this is the new version
https://soundcloud.com/user-114195034/i ... GVe6XDiQqW
which you can compare with the old one
https://soundcloud.com/user-114195034/i ... gUD7jtjii0

Is there any improvement or has it become too harsh now? - I think I have a bit exaggerated also with the loudness (war :) )
worshiptuned
Regular