Garden Studio Set Up - quick help required!

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Garden Studio Set Up - quick help required!

Post by Martin Walker »

Sam Spoons wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:34 pm I'd add that if you have a hard floor you really need some ceiling panels (see my post above) or you will have flutter echos between the floor and ceiling.

And as long as you have reasonable ceiling height, installing ceiling traps are a great way to add further absorption if and when you need it, and you even within reason make them adjustable if you subsequently need to liven the room up a bit for recording purposes.

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20599 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by damonbrockmusic »

Thanks both. I’m gonna see what it sounds like and add ceiling trap if need be. Will also get a rug to really tie the room together as and when I need.
damonbrockmusic
Poster

Post by Kwackman »

damonbrockmusic wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:07 pm Will also get a rug to really tie the room together

You wouldn't happen to be a fan of "The Big Lebowski"?
If not, this (like most of my posts) won't make any sense and can be safely ignored. (again, like most of my posts!)
Kwackman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 3206 Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:00 am Location: Belfast
Cubase, guitars.

Post by Luke W »

Kwackman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:59 pm
damonbrockmusic wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:07 pm Will also get a rug to really tie the room together

You wouldn't happen to be a fan of "The Big Lebowski"?
If not, this (like most of my posts) won't make any sense and can be safely ignored. (again, like most of my posts!)

Am I the only one around here...
Luke W
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1526 Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 am Location: Northamptonshire, UK