Musicians / Collaborators wanted.

Exploring the tools and techniques for long-distance recording projects.

Moderator: Moderators

Musicians / Collaborators wanted.

Post by Drew Stephenson »

After the phenomenal success* of last solo album (https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/alb ... ct-machine ), and with the band still on a bit of a hiatus, I'm starting to plan out the next one. And having done almost everything myself last time I'd like to get some more people involved this time around.

One thing we've all learned over the last year is how to work remotely, so as well as asking my local friends I'm posting here as well to see if anyone is interested in joining in on some, one or many of the tracks in the coming collection.

I've linked to the last album above so you can get a taster of how my stuff generally runs, though at the moment I'm thinking that the new album will be a bit more 'folky' with a bit more focus on acoustic instruments.
But currently the tracks are all in the rawest of stages and have the potential to go in almost any direction; there's plenty of scope for collaborators to shape not just the part, but the track as a whole.

So if any of this is of interest, please get in touch and I can share links to the rough tracks.

Thanks for reading,
Drew

* At least two people have listened to it. Or at least had it on in the background. Possibly whilst working heavy machinery.
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster
Posts: 24450 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
(The forumuser formerly known as Blinddrew)
Ignore the post count, I still have no idea what I'm doing...
https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/

Re: Musicians / Collaborators wanted.

Post by Ben Asaro »

I’d love to be involved! I would have to hear what you have, of course, and see if I think I can contribute something worthwhile.
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2357 Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am Location: NYC

Cheers Ben, if you DM me your email address I'll send you some stuff to listen to.
Thanks. :thumbup:
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster

Post by Martin Walker »

Damn - already offered some synth via your FB post, so feel odd offering yet again here ;)

Anyway, if you have any tracks that you deem suitable for such sounds then by all means forward them.

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 20599 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Ah, sorry Martin, I did reply to your comment I think, but maybe not clearly enough. Glad to have you on board if anything takes your fancy. DM your email address and I'll send you a set of links. :thumbup:
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster

Post by Eddy Deegan »

blinddrew wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:00 pm After the phenomenal success* of last solo album

* At least two people have listened to it

Three if you include me ;)

blinddrew wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:00 pm One thing we've all learned over the last year is how to work remotely, so as well as asking my local friends I'm posting here as well to see if anyone is interested in joining in on some, one or many of the tracks in the coming collection.

I'm all over this - I would love to contribute some keyboard, whether arrangement, part-wise, and/or piano to anything you have cooking.

I also still have some bits and pieces of yours which are going to be at the top of the list when I get my new studio finished.

I love your work Drew. It's been a while but a more techno version of 'A Prologue' than the acoustic remix I did a couple of years ago is still on that list. It'll be less sympathetic to the original but strike its own tone.

Not that the original needed anything adding but the plan is to bulldoze it with much synth and turn it into something radically different as an alternative interpretation. The voice recorder on my phone has a number of related ideas waiting for the attention it deserves.

In the meantime my hands are at your disposal*.

* That sounded weird and creepy but you know what I mean
Eddy Deegan
Posts: 8736 Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects  

Post by Funkyflash5 »

I'd be happy to track a thing or 2 if you have a song in need of adequate sousaphone, or sub-par accordion, or fairly average ukulele! Listening to your last album it sounds like you've got the instruments I'm any good at covered yourself!
Funkyflash5
Regular
Posts: 215 Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:43 am Location: Wisconsin, USA

Post by BJG145 »

I'd be up for playing a splash of something.
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Thank you all!
Please DM me your email addresses and I'll send out some links for your perusal. ;)
Cheers
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster

Post by RichardT »

Hi Drew,

I’m interested too. At the moment I’m just finishing off the mastering of an album, and I’m feeling tired out, so I’ll need some time to recover first!
RichardT
Jedi Poster
Posts: 4075 Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 am Location: Ireland

No worries Richard, I'll send you the links, I've got your email. :)
And good luck with the album. :thumbup:

And to everyone who's interested, I'm not exactly a quick worker! So if you're thinking that you're maybe a bit busy at the moment, fret ye not, this is a long-term project. :)
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster

It has been brought to my attention that some of my emails have been going to people's spam folders. So if you've been expecting something and haven't received it, that might be a place to look. ;)
Drew Stephenson
Jedi Poster