Test post

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Test post

Post by Forum Admin »

I was originally testing Mr Mulcahy's posting ability using his permissions settings. The bug preventing posting was due to accented letters being ignored on usernames, so the Forum user and website user datbases did not match, thus preventing posting rights.

It was fixed after much head-scratching.
Forum Admin
Posts: 3789 Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:00 pm Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
Search 15,424 SOS Reviews+Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search

PreSonus Studio One Professional, Apple Logic Pro X, PreSonus Studio 192 audio interface, Apple M1 MacBook Pro 13", Mac Pro trashcan, iPad Pro (1st gen), PreSonus Sceptre 8 monitors, KRK RokIt monitors, PreSonus Faderport 1, 8 and 16 mix controllers, Avid Eleven Rack, various Lexicon/Roland reverb hardware, Brian May Burns red special, Gibson Les Paul, Fender 'fat' Strat, Guild S100, Takamine 6-string electric-acoustic.

Post by Tomás Mulcahy »

Some people on this island call it "the war on the fada" (that's the name of the accent in Irish).

Delighted it's fixed! I do not speak Irish well but I like it when my given name is spelt correctly :) Thanks for all the effort on this!!
Tomás Mulcahy
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2064 Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2001 12:00 am Location: Cork, Ireland.

Post by Martin Walker »

Aha! Well done to all the behind the scenes team on this one :thumbup:

I always try to copy and paste Tomás' name correctly, so I probably added to the problem ;)

Martin
Martin Walker
Posts: 18184 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by Folderol »

Well done!
These sort of issues can be real head-bangers, but always seem obvious with hindsight.
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Posts: 13608 Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:00 am Location: The Mudway Towns, UK
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Post by Tomás Mulcahy »

Martin Walker wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:51 pm Aha! Well done to all the behind the scenes team on this one :thumbup:

I always try to copy and paste Tomás' name correctly, so I probably added to the problem ;)

Martin

Oh thanks! :D FYI the keyboard shortcut on a PC is "alt gr" and the vowel you want the accent on.
Tomás Mulcahy
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2064 Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2001 12:00 am Location: Cork, Ireland.

Post by Martin Walker »

Tomás Mulcahy wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:08 pm
Martin Walker wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:51 pm Aha! Well done to all the behind the scenes team on this one :thumbup:

Martin

Oh thanks! :D FYI the keyboard shortcut on a PC is "alt gr" and the vowel you want the accent on.

Wow - I didn't know that, but just tried it and you're right. Works perfectly, so I can now type fluently in French! ;)
Martin Walker
Posts: 18184 Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:44 am Location: Cornwall, UK

Post by blinddrew »

Qué?
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16161 Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Post by Wonks »

Martin Walker wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:24 pm
Wow - I I can now type flatulently in French! ;)

FTFY
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 11993 Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am Location: Reading, UK
Reliably fallible.