CD burning

For current or would-be users of Apple Mac computers, with answers to many FAQs.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CD burning

Post by Arpangel »

Tomás Mulcahy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:18 am
Arpangel wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:10 am I always burn my CD's from Reaper, always works fine, I’m on High Sierra, using a Mac CD drive.

Thanks for this, I did not know CD burning is another of Reaper's features. Is there anything they did not think of? :)

I burn my own music to CD from Reaper, you have to create regions, and markers, but once you get used to it, it’s fine.
Just go to Render, and select CD CU/BIN
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Post by baward »

ef37a wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:56 am Hi Barward, if this is something you will need to do frequently you could probably pickup an old W7 laptop for next to nothing, does not have to be 'Deep Thought'.

I have an HP g6 i3 that burns CD and DVD very well. I use Nero but there are plenty of freebies about (VLC?) . You would of course need to export the file as 16 bit, 44.1kHz .wav.

Dave.

Hmm, interesting. I have been thinking this very thing, for all the things that a Mac doesn't really seem to do any more.

Thanks for the idea!
baward
Regular

Post by Guest »

Kwackman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:03 am
baward wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:27 pmI have an 2015 iMac with Catalina.

My 2010 Mac Pro only goes as far as Mojave, which is the version just before Catalina. So, all I can tell you is that you could burn audio CDs in Mojave. Good luck in your quest!

You can burn CDs on Catalina and Big Sur as well.